MoM rework idea.

So I've thought of a rework to MoM to introduce counterplay, but also keep ot just as strong. Kind of like the rework to DS.
My idea is to make MoM get stacks only from bodyblocking.

Here's the current MoM,

MettleOfMan.gif


Mettle Of Man-

Evil has a way of always finding you.

After getting hit 3 times by a Killer's basic attack, Mettle Of Man activates.

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured State is ignored.

The next time you heal back to full health, your Aura will be revealed to the Killer when you are farther than 12/14/16 metres from the Killer.

Mettle Of Man will deactivate the next time you are put into the Dying State.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

"Evil has a bullseye on my back the size of Tiger Stadium." — Ash Williams

It's obviously unfair and the downside is not that big. My rework idea is-
MettleOfMan.gif


Mettle Of Man-

Evil has a way of always finding you.

After getting hit 2 times while bodyblocking a Killer's basic attack when they are carrying a survivor, Mettle Of Man activates.

Once activated, the next occasion that would put you into the Dying State from the Injured/Healthy State is ignored.

Mettle Of Man will reset the next time you are put into the Dying State.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

"Evil has a bullseye on my back the size of Tiger Stadium." — Ash Williams

This rework gives it counterplay (drop the survivor you're carrying) while also making MoM take less stacks, activate as much times as you want and it has a downside because the killer can simply drop the survivor.
@Peanits and @not_Queen would this work?

Comments

  • This would be a great rework. I'd be happy with this perk. I'd use it as survivor, and wouldn't be too bothered by it as killer. Great rework. The added haste effect is NOT a good idea, that's just stacking too much ######### on to try to make it OP in a different way.

  • Do I miss the counterplay besides not hitting a bodyblocker?

  • I still support this re-work. It would encourage more team play.

  • Idk it kind of butchers the perk entirely and most likely hurts your team more than anything since you actively have to go and force the killer to hit you

    I feel like it would spark more controversy on both sides but I wouldn't completely knock the idea

1 2 ›