Discovered a Balanced Landing drop on Shelter Woods

No, not the basement stairs. The big tree in the middle.

You can run up the tree a few feet and drop down. High enough to trigger BL.

Idk if this is common knowledge but I never knew it before.

PS. Devs, please add a hill or two to Shelter Woods.

Comments

  • No, not the basement stairs. The big tree in the middle. You can run up the tree a few feet and drop down. High enough to trigger BL.

    Yeah it’s been there. There needs to be more on the farm maps too. Sometimes there’s only a red tractor and no hills (beside some basement).

    edit: typo

  • Most of us have known it for a while. Thanks for telling players who might not know about it though!

  • No, not the basement stairs. The big tree in the middle. You can run up the tree a few feet and drop down. High enough to trigger BL.

    I suppose you are Brand New to the game...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3gjt_Ar0


  • I try to run balanced landing occasionally but it feels too situational on a lot of maps. I only use it now if I’m giving a haddonfield or springwood offering.

  • You can run up the tree a few feet and drop down. High enough to trigger BL.

    Last time I checked, trees dont have feet.

  • Yeah I've known about that for ages, hard to perform in a chase without getting hit though. They should just add a proper dropdown.

  • Immo this map still needs a rework. I would love to see something complex about this tree. Now it's only an useless obstacle.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Interesting. Every time I've seen Shelter Woods brought up everybody said there was not a single drop other than the stairs. I guess I don't try to go rock/tree climbing enough ;)

    And yes @Ihatelife I agree. Very boring map. Maybe a tree house!

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Interesting. Every time I've seen Shelter Woods brought up everybody said there was not a single drop other than the stairs. I guess I don't try to go rock/tree climbing enough ;)

    And yes @Ihatelife I agree. Very boring map. Maybe a tree house!

    That's what I was thinking too! Tree house would be awesome!

  • No, not the basement stairs. The big tree in the middle. You can run up the tree a few feet and drop down. High enough to trigger BL.

    I've known about this but I can never consistently trigger it for some reason. Although my honest opinion is the map is fine the way it is BUT they should make the tree the landmark of the map in a more important way. Make it slightly bigger and add a ramp made of roots to it where you can jump off where it's obvious that it's a ramp to survivors.

  • I know about it but never use it because running to the middle is like asking to die. Most of the time you won't even make it to the tree. I'll just stick to looping jungle gyms.