Ambitious? Dedis, cross platform play, and you

It is 2019...below is a list of full cross platform games

  1. Fortnite
  2. Rocket League

Both these games have dedicated servers to handle "universal code" between platforms. From what I can tell, Fortnite even has limited public server files available.

I'm assuming these rented servers are for "unranked" matches.

I was also able to find a placeholder website for Dead by Daylight server hosting.

Dead by Daylight Server Hosting. Servers come with Instant Setup. Quality Service & Support.Worldwide locations are London UK, New York USA, Paris France, Dallas Texas, Los Angeles California, Stockholm Sweden, Montreal Quebec Canada, Sydney Australia. Strasbourg, Frankfurt Germany, Moscow St Petersburg Russia.


Can we please talk about cross platform support again?

Comments

  • Sony needs to play ball.

  • @TAG they do now they just have to be asked. The games mentioned in the op are crossplay on every platform even between consoles

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @TAG they do now they just have to be asked. The games mentioned in the op are crossplay on every platform even between consoles

    No, they need to be paid.

  • I'm too lazy to Google© for myself (and I like the free bump)....what gaming platform doesn't have DBD yet (PLEASE do NOT count "mobile" as a damn platform).

  • @FSB75 Switch. But its coming in the fall

  • I think you mean slideshow the game if consoles are anything to go by

    @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @FSB75 Switch. But its coming in the fall


  • How about they fix all the trash bugs and flaws in the game first before they go cross-platform.

  • @FSB75 You forgot warthunder in that list.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @TAG they do now they just have to be asked. The games mentioned in the op are crossplay on every platform even between consoles

    Not really, no. The games listed in OP are the exception, not the norm. There are still games being released with crossplay that exclude PS4, and devs are still saying that Sony is not being open to it.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    @FSB75 You forgot warthunder in that list.

    My apologies, thank you for the additional info. Seems Warthunder is the ultimate in cross platform.

     PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Linux, macOS, Nvidia Shield

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/416475#Comment_416475

    Not really, no. The games listed in OP are the exception, not the norm. There are still games being released with crossplay that exclude PS4, and devs are still saying that Sony is not being open to it.

    IF PS4 wants to "opt out", although not ideal, simply crossing with Microsoft would be a better start than nothing at all. May even apply a bit of pressure to join.

    I just feel like there isn't much preventing this, but I am coming from a place of ignorance.