Why am I still getting purple/green survivors in my lobby
Even some yellow. I know it’s normal to get SOME purple ranks in my lobby, but not every single game. It’s constantly purple/green. I’ve seen maybe 1 red survivor in the last two days. I’m not saying it’s too eZ either, it’s just not as fun.
I know the pipping system was updated for survivors but it doesn’t seem like it’s changing anything.
Comments
Because it hasn't changed anything. The emblems are terrible no matter how much the devs put a bandaid over the 'harder' rank system. It was lazy.
Yeah I've noticed that ranks are usually all over the place, I once got a rank 20 player with my rank 11 killer. Like really?
There simply aren't a lot of red rank survivors. The pipping requirement got lessened just by 1 point, and that only 2 days ago. Only a few more players will now pip, and that not at a fast pace.
Tomorrow is rank reset. It will be interesting to see how fast and how many survivors will climb up the ranks after that.
@Speshul_Kitten: Complaining that the speed to rank up isnt fast enough to get back into redranks as survivor within two days? Seriously? The pipping system is fine now, survs will steadily rank up towards redranks, just not as fast as before the horrible change, but at moderate speed like its supposed to be.
That change is going to take a little bit of time to take effect. With the way the emblem system works now, it's not a straight shot to rank 1 like it was before, you're more than likely going to rank up and down on your way there. It may seem small, but the change was based on the statistics collected since the previous rank change. We are able to see how many people would have pipped depending on how the thresholds are moved, and these new requirements should bring the numbers way closer to where they need to be.
But it will take a little time to notice the changes in action. Hopefully you will see an improvement tomorrow after the ranks are reset since everyone will be starting on a similar playing field and ranking up at roughly the same rate.
All bandaid fixes are not going to solve the core problem.
I don't think there is anything wrong with green ranks having to face red ranks occasionally. Personally I like it. I'd rather occasionally face top ranked players than they be forced to depip to get a game. It's good after getting stomped to see the end screen and realise you were just given a lesson by a better player.
If a red rank player can't find a game within a certain period of time the system is supposed to look further afield - Whether that is location or rank. As long as rank 15-20s don't have to face red rank then it won't scare off new players.