Improving DeadByDaylight

Hello all,

I would like to make an unofficial improvements page that the devs can see and ignore. A page with improvements EVERYONE can agree on. If everyone could, make a valid point, and if others agree with you and it holds truth, we will add it to the list.

1) SWF Lobbies

Having to re-invite your friends at the end of each match is time consuming and unneeded. Simply send the friends group back to the lobby they were in before the game started.

2) Individual Audio Adjustments

The ability to adjust the volume level of SFX, Music, Chase Music, UI Notifications, Terror Radius, Etc.

3) Killer Audio

Killer Audio is in a horrible state, with individual important sounds (like footsteps, locker door opening/closing) easily glossed over by persistent louder sound states such as chase music and killer breathing.

4) Rank Rewards

There are none, AFAIK, other than bragging rights (not enough incentive)

5) Shrine of Trash Secrets

Throw us a bone every once in awhile, as in more than once every year+

6) Totem Placement

I don't have the answer on how to fix this, but it needs to be changed. Then we can address whether they should require skill-checks or not (cleansing a totem isn't easy).

7) Prestige Rewards

Served a purpose when there was no cosmetic shop, now only for bragging rights

8) Purposeful Disconnects when downed/hooked

Ruins the BP for killer and ruins the game/BP for remaining survivors. Perhaps the most selfish thing you can do in DBD - yet it goes completely unpunished.

I have left out anything moderately controversial (such as buffing Freddy, or requiring 6 gens for 4man SWF groups).

I hope this is a list we can all agree on. If anyone else have any straight-up suggestions, I will be happy to add them.

I love this game, and it can be much much better, we just have to hound the devs until they do it. Don't give up guys. We can do this.

Thanks guys/gals!

Comments

  • I refuse to accept punishing for DCs because it's situational. It's not always DC for someone to get a hatch, or DC because someone is fed up of being in the same game as the same killer for a 3rd game in a row, or DC because the killer seems op. It could be DC because igtg, dc because lag switch, dc because the killer and a teammate are obviously farming other survivors together, DC because the ping is worse than it seemed in the lobby and I can't move or know exactly where I am and don't want to be stuck in that game because I have things to do and little time to be playing (dont want people getting hurt or wasting time trying to save me if I let myself be hooked), DC because internet went poop. But other than that, yee.

  • @Kurisataru said:

    I refuse to accept punishing for DCs because it's situational. It's not always DC for someone to get a hatch, or DC because someone is fed up of being in the same game as the same killer for a 3rd game in a row, or DC because the killer seems op. It could be DC because igtg, dc because lag switch, dc because the killer and a teammate are obviously farming other survivors together, DC because the ping is worse than it seemed in the lobby and I can't move or know exactly where I am and don't want to be stuck in that game because I have things to do and little time to be playing (dont want people getting hurt or wasting time trying to save me if I let myself be hooked), DC because internet went poop. But other than that, yee.

    @Kurisataru Every DC I've ever seen has been when downed (immediately) or hooked (immediately). I've only ever seen legitimate DCs during loading screen.

  • @MystiKasT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/414942#Comment_414942

    @Kurisataru Every DC I've ever seen has been when downed (immediately) or hooked (immediately). I've only ever seen legitimate DCs during loading screen.

    Yeah, I don't doubt at all most DCs are salty ones but just becuse of the few exceptions (imo) that's why I would rather the killer gets rewarded more for a DC depending on how long the quitter stayed in the game rather than the person who DC'd being punished.

  • @MystiKasT As far as the SWF remaining as a group one match to the next, Behavior covered that last year or so. They said that SWFs were added later into the game after launch, and the current format is what it's going to be. There would be too much coding work involved to have the groups remain together, and they're not going to devote resources to doing that. Basically, people wanted SWF, they added SWF, but this is what it is. They're not putting more resources into it.

    As far as 2-8, I have nothing to add.

  • @Kurisataru

    Incrimental bans would help without hindering the accidental DCs.

    see my post in this thread

    How about each player, killer or survivor, get's a disconnect counter next to their name? Feel free to tell me what a genius I am below. :)

    I say it all the time but Its a lot to just re type lol.


    Other games with dc bans do it and it seems to work well. Not too many DCs on those games anymore.