Is this cheating?
So when you use the newly introduced NVIDIA game filter in the driver, (activate by pressing Alt + F3 in-game) you can turn up some effects and settings to basically make the game brighter, sharper, less bloom, far easier to see survivors (especially in dark corners, thick mist and bamboo) and you can see better in the distance.
In the end game chat we had a discussion whether this is allowed or not (bannable)?
What do you think, can you get banned?
Comments
You will only get banned if it's a third party program that EAC has on it's bannable list.
Considering every time I enter DbD, or any other game that uses EAC, I get that Alt+F3 Nvidia overlay reminder popping up in the corner of my screen, and I can play DbD, any Hi-Rez game, and Apex Legends just fine, I'd say: Nope.
How do I know if that game filter is on the ban list of EAC?
@Snapshot You have to do a Google search for Nvidia Freestyle and see if it's whitelisted by EAC. I don't know for sure, because even though I have it, I don't actually use it.
Other than that, you try it and take a chance.
If it doesn't appear on the EAC whitelist, then the usual stance from Behavior is a post telling you to use it at your own risk.
Thanks for the info
Don't worry I used the filter since it came out as beta and nothing happened, but now I use sweetFX, that is better
i used it the first time it was in beta few years ago and they disabled it for multiplayers after a month.. dint give huge advantage but lets you see those bush claudettes.
I didn't know it about that. Thanks for advice!
Thansk i will use this now
scroll to the bottom enough said https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19454/new-report-system-banns-more-software whitelisted by eac it seems
It is not considered to be cheating, you are safe to use it.
@Peanits Thank you for that reply. I've wanted to mess with it for DbD because my eyes aren't that great, and sometimes it's just a real eye-muscle strain to play on certain maps. Good to know that it isn't cheating.
Again, thank you.
I tried this btw. Game looks much better with the Color option.
ReShade.me is better imo
@Peanits @HavelmomDaS1 It seems the game wont load with ReShade as of today. I've had reshade for 2 years now with the game and its been fine. Any official word if ReShade has been banned?
We have not made any changes and ReShade is still whitelisted by EAC. This may just be an issue on your end.
U need to use ReShade version 4.0.2 cuz the newer versions still aren't verified by EAC
what actually "whitelisted" term mean? i can use reshade without the risk of ban?
you can use sweetFX too, makes the game look with better colors, also noob3 uses it
*wrong comment*
Blacklist-not allowed
Whitelist-allowed
The fact that you even had to ask this question makes me embarrassed for the devs, lol.
I know I've said it before, but I'm still waiting for the "Dead By Daylight - Official Approved Audio and Visual Experience Edition"
It comes with a DBD approved pre-calibrated monitor and speakers/headphones with only one volume that can't be changed....ROFL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPp56ahvet0