Make second chance perks counter nasty killer behavior and everyone wins.

That is, us killers who actually play fair and square (no tunneling, camping, prolonged slugging) and us survivors who just want blood points and mind our business will win.

You know, kind of the opposite of what’s going on now - nasty survivors using op perks to ream killers who are just playing the game and (solo) survivors being kind of helpless to terrible behavior from both sides that denies them a decent/acceptable blood point stack.

Comments

  • Which will then be used to abuse and bully honorable clean killers.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    Which will then be used to abuse and bully honorable clean killers.

    Well the theory goes that us fair killers would win in this scenario because such perks could only be useful against killers that use bad tactics. Fair killers no longer get punished for doing their role, but dirty killers might struggle.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    Which will then be used to abuse and bully honorable clean killers.

    How, like new DS, you only get hit by it if you're being a bit scummy. Play nice and you don't have to worry about it.

  • @anarchy753 Good killers who don't tunnel are punished by the new DS as well if they down the survivors fast enough. They go for another surv, down + hook them, then find the DS user, down them, the 60 seconds aren't over and get punished even though they didn't tunnel.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/411807#Comment_411807

    How, like new DS, you only get hit by it if you're being a bit scummy. Play nice and you don't have to worry about it.

    Earlier I ran DS. The last two generators were completed, gate was opening, and I got downed all within sixty seconds of being unhooked, and I only escaped the trial because Decisive Strike is still somewhat flawed.

    I was the only Survivor the killer could find, the rest were on the other side of the map. I should have died and not gotten DS because the Killer had no other option, and they got punished because everyone else except me was actively hiding.

    If DS is meant to be an anti-tunnel perk, its timer should pause when a chase starts, and end when a chase is lost and terror radius ended. Or something, I don’t know. It needs more changes.