So, whatever happened to that hatch lock thing?
I know I could probably look it up...but some people here just know, I'm lazy, and that's easier.
Was it shelved, forgotten, or discarded.
I mean, they had the entire system working, showed it off in a video and everything.
Comments
Do you mean closing the hatch? The devs just didn’t like the way it was making situations for Survivors, though that doesn’t mean they’d forget about it.
They discarded the idea for some reason. I think the reason was because there wouldn’t be any possible chance to escape for survivors or something.
They confirmed it onto here on the forums while responding to someone a long time ago. I don’t have the exact link but that is what I remember.
I apologize!
It was tested and the devs didn't like the result. Basically it just turned the hatch standoff into a generator standoff, which is arguably worse.
Thanks for the responses.
I can see how a killer can set up a gen jockey and prevent the survivor from being able to fix that last gen. Thought they were going ot add a "panic speed boost" to gen repair though.
Ehh, it was a nice idea.
Thanks again.
Unfortunately if they did that, it would make left behind doubly powerful since it would basically be basekit.