Devs still silent about 3v1 issue ?

today i watched some dbd streamers and they literally played more 3vs1 games than 4vs1. Maybe you guys should start balancing the game around 3vs1. Since 4vs1 games are rare nowadays

Comments

  • They have been pretty silent on most issues.

    Nothing new

  • Why I have stepped away from the game until it gets resolved cause I don't wanna wait 20 mins for a game to get 3 people in a game and one person leaves right when the game starts due to a crash/just leaves the game.

  • Quiet period. Not just ignoring issues but ignoring everything saying nothing.

    All we can do is wait until bhvr's schedule says its time to talk

  • How can you fix players Disconnecting by closing the app?

  • @Hoodied said:

    How can you fix players Disconnecting by closing the app?

    None of us can fix it on BHVR can

  • They probably don't know how to fix it, that's why.

  • The devs saying to the 3 (or less) survivors: "Though ######### , git gud"

  • They aren't talking much about it cause they will soon be rolling out the Dedicated Servers, which should help with allot of the stuff... I hope.

    No sense spending too many resources on the P2P model since it is going out the window.

  • We are working on fixing it, but unfortunately we don't have any news to share just yet. We have previously fixed some instances of the infinite loading screens and crashes that were causing that (notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55352), but there's still more to it. Unfortunately since bugs are unpredictable, we can't give an ETA. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have new info to share.

  • @TheBean what is the point in having Dedicated Servers if people take forever to get into games and crash once they are in games. You could say that the servers would stop crashes, but that is 4 months down the road from now.

  • @Peanits I miss when we would get streams or videos with info every Thursday.

    I don't understand how communication has been cut so much when the team is bigger than ever?

  • @Zanfer Matchmaking will be faster with servers. It won't have to find a killer it'll put you in the nearest bhvr server to wait for a killer to join.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @Peanits I miss when we would get streams or videos with info every Thursday.

    I don't understand how communication has been cut so much when the team is bigger than ever?

    Recently the community team has been busy with PAX among a few other things, and I only started a week ago myself. Aside from that, we tend not to do streams unless we have new information to share, just so we're not repeating the same news week after week. Lately we've mixed it up a bit and started to do other activities like play with the devs events. If you're ever not sure what we're doing, you can check here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11/

  • @Bbbrian2013 well hope that it gives faster matches. Even if it pairs me with closer players doesn't mean the matchmaking will match me right away if everyone around me is rank 10-12 and I am rank 1 for killer. Or if I am rank 2 survivor I have to wait in a rank 1 killer lobby for 15 mins until matchmaking knows there aren't any others in my region that is a red rank. These are just examples that could happen, but I can't predict the future and it is my own opinion.


    We don't know why these crashes are happening, only BHVR knows why. I don't mind waiting for a game (to a certain extent) as long as everyone can actually play the game at one point is my bigger concern.

  • @Zanfer I was just thinkin in terms of people DCing (leaving the match). Wasn't really thinking about the crashes and being dc'd from the host on startup.

  • Time to play some mrs piggy piggy

  • @Peanits said:

    We are working on fixing it, but unfortunately we don't have any news to share just yet. We have previously fixed some instances of the infinite loading screens and crashes that were causing that (notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55352), but there's still more to it. Unfortunately since bugs are unpredictable, we can't give an ETA. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have new info to share.

    @Peanits I know that perfectly fixing an issue is the best case scenario we all want. But we basically have these 3v1 (or even less) games for such a long time (probably since realise, not sure tbh) that it is obviously not an easy task. And DbD isn't just like call of duty that everyone could join into a running match.

    Clearly, the best thing you Devs should do is to finally publish a hotfix. The hotfix would be to cancel a match with 3 or less survivors. This canceling of a match could be either done automatically or by voting. Addons, offerings etc would obviously not get consumed if a match gets canceled. How about that?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/409409#Comment_409409

    Recently the community team has been busy with PAX among a few other things, and I only started a week ago myself. Aside from that, we tend not to do streams unless we have new information to share, just so we're not repeating the same news week after week. Lately we've mixed it up a bit and started to do other activities like play with the devs events. If you're ever not sure what we're doing, you can check here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11/

    @Peanits That post is a good tool to stay up to date but only when Queen is able to keep it updated.

    The last time it was updated was almost 3 weeks ago.

    We didn't know if anything was going to happen last week and we don't know this week either.

    I'm just saying back then things were a lot more predictable and now we have to cross our fingers and hope.

  • @TheBean If people are leaving match, dedicated servers won't do anything to fix that since people can press ESC key than press "Leave Match"

  • @Zanfer I was thinking more along giving out punishments to help prevent it. Also is someone leaves before the match starts but after it started loading, it might be easier to throw another into the lobby. Maybe even publish that players DC to Match Played ratio.

  • @TheBean DBD should look at how Identity V has handled their disconnects. You have morality points and if you lose them all you can't play for a certain period of time. Also the only way to dc in that game is to close the game completely. I have been playing that on pc as of late getting instant ques and not having anyone disconnect from my games. You can also surrender on survivor side if everyone is on the floor or as killer once the exit gates are powered.