Remove the ranking system

And design a new MMR system. Its gotten to the point where it's not only impossible to pip unless you tunnel and camp / play toxic or with SWF.

I want to play HOW I WANT TO PLAY. Not how the game wants me to.

This emblem system is broken and its quite literally a joke to think a casual game like this has an arbitrary ranking system

Comments

  • No. Dont remove it. It does what it is supposed to. Keeps ranks 1s and 20s apart.

    If anything they need to adjust how people are selected (ranks vs bucket pool) and their pip system.

    If we REMOVE the rank, even just for a test, it will be worse than when we all had 2 minute games but wonky ranks last week.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    No. Dont remove it. It does what it is supposed to. Keeps ranks 1s and 20s apart.

    If anything they need to adjust how people are selected (ranks vs bucket pool) and their pip system.

    If we REMOVE the rank, even just for a test, it will be worse than when we all had 2 minute games but wonky ranks last week.

    Which is why i said make a new MMR system to keep the good and bad player apart.

  • At least ranking up should be harder to get because right now i am on rank 7 as survivor where my skill is like 12 lvl ... i am trying to lower my rank to at least 12 by DC but of course something is broken and after DC i have the same ammount of rank points i had before the match ...

  • What's an MMR? I agree that the current system needs to be changed. The increase in camping and tunneling has been rediculous and I'm thinking it's related to the ranking system.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    What's an MMR? I agree that the current system needs to be changed. The increase in camping and tunneling has been rediculous and I'm thinking it's related to the ranking system.

    A system of matchmaking which takes stats into account to match players of similar skills

  • It is hard to get back from rank 7 to rank 12 for example ... and it is sad ...

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407688#Comment_407688

    Which is why i said make a new MMR system to keep the good and bad player apart.

    You said remove it AND make a new mmr.

    Implying we have no rank system in place for X amount of time.

    If anything let then make a new one, test it, and then change it.

    Oh wait they did that with matchmaking and the community rioted.

  • U want to play how you want to play? What exactly is hindering you to do so? There is 0 rewards for ranking up besides having longer lobby Qs. As long as this remains, you shouldn't care at all and play how you please.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407690#Comment_407690

    You said remove it AND make a new mmr.

    Implying we have no rank system in place for X amount of time.

    If anything let then make a new one, test it, and then change it.

    Oh wait they did that with matchmaking and the community rioted.

    @Carpemortum You mean with the recent one? You do realize they've made it so that you have to do everything in the game to get just one pip, right?

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407706#Comment_407706

    @Carpemortum You mean with the recent one? You do realize they've made it so that you have to do everything in the game to get just one pip, right?

    @fluffybunny then you're doing something wrong.

    I've been pipping up relatively easily. Usually without being chased or having maybe one unhook.

    You do realize not everyone plays the same and some are more efficient than others, right?

    If you're looping the killer all game and did 0 gens, you're not gonna pip up. Do one. Hell do 2. You dont have to do EVERYTHING.

    Besides, why does pipping up matter if the rsnk is just for better matched opponents and not an actual rank?

    Play for fun/BP. But if you want to play to rank up and be the best, be ready to PROVE it. Not have it handed to you.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407714#Comment_407714

    @fluffybunny then you're doing something wrong.

    I've been pipping up relatively easily. Usually without being chased or having maybe one unhook.

    You do realize not everyone plays the same and some are more efficient than others, right?

    If you're looping the killer all game and did 0 gens, you're not gonna pip up. Do one. Hell do 2. You dont have to do EVERYTHING.

    Besides, why does pipping up matter if the rsnk is just for better matched opponents and not an actual rank?

    Play for fun/BP. But if you want to play to rank up and be the best, be ready to PROVE it. Not have it handed to you.

    @Carpemortum What rank are you? I'm not the only one having troubles. Everyone else I've spoken to that is rank 10 or higher is having troubles pipping regularly. You'll also get stuck if you have crap teammates who don't go for saves or just farms you and if the killer doesn't catch anyone, you're stuck with that, too. Everyone else I've spoken to is having troubles ranking, so I find it rather suspect that you're having no issues. I've had games where I did two gens, multiple saves, chased for a good while, and got out. I still didn't pip.

    Pipping matters 'cause when you're in solo play, it's somewhat important to be playing with teammates who aren't rank 20. People who say it doesn't matter is full of it.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407732#Comment_407732

    @Carpemortum What rank are you? I'm not the only one having troubles. Everyone else I've spoken to that is rank 10 or higher is having troubles pipping regularly. You'll also get stuck if you have crap teammates who don't go for saves or just farms you and if the killer doesn't catch anyone, you're stuck with that, too. Everyone else I've spoken to is having troubles ranking, so I find it rather suspect that you're having no issues. I've had games where I did two gens, multiple saves, chased for a good while, and got out. I still didn't pip.

    Pipping matters 'cause when you're in solo play, it's somewhat important to be playing with teammates who aren't rank 20. People who say it doesn't matter is full of it.

    @fluffybunny go read all my posts here. How I say rank does EXACTLY WHAT YOURE TRYING TO TELL ME I DONT KNOW.


    I'm at rank 8 survivor as of last night. It's not a cake wall to pip, but its also not as hard as you want it to seem..

    It's a challenge. It should be.

    Pipping isnt what affects ra k 20s and 1s being together in solo. That's rank and matchmaking. Which has shown us that even with an easy pip system, we get rank 2 killers vs rank 16 survivors.


    The "rank" is a MMR assistant, nothing more.

    Even with pipping as "hard" as it has been I've encountered one rank teammate below 15, and they were arguably playing better than most of the rank 10s i see simply chase and unhook in front of the killer.

    The rank helps find better matches, but it's a flawed rank system. Harder pips weeds out the people who truly play at that level. granted it may be harder with potato teammates, but if YOU play YOUR game the best you can, you can still manage to pip. Or at least safety. And in the event you cant, you still earn BP and (I hope, i know i do) have fun regardless.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/407745#Comment_407745

    @fluffybunny go read all my posts here. How I say rank does EXACTLY WHAT YOURE TRYING TO TELL ME I DONT KNOW.

    I'm at rank 8 survivor as of last night. It's not a cake wall to pip, but its also not as hard as you want it to seem..

    It's a challenge. It should be.

    Pipping isnt what affects ra k 20s and 1s being together in solo. That's rank and matchmaking. Which has shown us that even with an easy pip system, we get rank 2 killers vs rank 16 survivors.

    The "rank" is a MMR assistant, nothing more.

    Even with pipping as "hard" as it has been I've encountered one rank teammate below 15, and they were arguably playing better than most of the rank 10s i see simply chase and unhook in front of the killer.

    The rank helps find better matches, but it's a flawed rank system. Harder pips weeds out the people who truly play at that level. granted it may be harder with potato teammates, but if YOU play YOUR game the best you can, you can still manage to pip. Or at least safety. And in the event you cant, you still earn BP and (I hope, i know i do) have fun regardless.

    I've seen streamers who are really good at the game complain about it being a bit too hard. o: But since you, a stranger, said it's fine and stuff I definitely fully believe you over my own experience and what others have experienced and showed. Isn't suspect at all.

  • In my experience as survivor it's way too hard to rank up since you fall 8/10 games on ######### that just camp and tunnel. I'm blocked at rank 7-8 for weeks now...