Playerbase chills in purple and green ranks.
So, we can all agree that the ranking system is totally screwed right now and the only way to play Killer is dc'ing to the purple ranks or never pip again after rank reset which is the most stupid solution for that problem. The devs made pipping harder and made a new matchmaking system which was fine in anyway. The only problem with the new matchmaking was the fact that you could've gotten yellow and brown ranks as a red rank Killer. It would be fine if you only get red, purple and green ranks with the new matchmaking but since they reverted the matchmaking to the old broken/sh** system it's impossible to get any Survivors. You play against red ranks Survivor while there are no red rank Survivors. I don't know why the devs didn't turn on their brains before reverting the matchmaking to the old while pipping as Survivor is almost impossible. In my opinion ranks are just nonsense right now and it means less now than it did before the pip changes. Delete the ranks and make like 3 ranking groups (New players [brown ranks] average players [yellow and green ranks] and high/highest Tier players [purple/red ranks]) There are only 3 player groups now instead of ranks which will make it easier for every player to get a match, and you have to collect certain things on the map which will give you experience points (let's say you have to get like 30 experience points to get from the new player base to the average player base and 60 to get to the high Tier player base. "rank reset" will turn into "experience reset" and will take place once every 2 months instead of once per month. Or I don't know, make the xp you get after a match for iridescent shards increase your player level and get to the higher player base Tier.
Comments
Paragraph form will help. I think I get the gist though. Ranking up is pointless. Congrats! You ha e come to the realization that most players, killer and survivor, already knew!
The higher you rank, the more sweaty the players are. I prefer to play for fun.
There are so many problems atm. the emblems exclude each other. If you do gens you cant do unhooks or chases and vice versa. Unbroken is totally screwed up. And then there is the problem of how things are defined, especially chases. And then there are those bullshit Killers who camp and/or tunnel you down so you hardly cant avoid a depip, whose i encounter in 70% of my games (thats the sad reality my statistic tell me over the past weeks since 2.6).
It needs a total rework of the emblems as well as the pipping.
I was chilling so hard in the purple ranks that I stopped playing. Division 2 is my master now. Pips are hard to get, de-pips are super easy to get.
@darktrix Yeah, tell me about. I just raced through Rank 18-16 last night thanks to this free weekend and so many absolute brand new survivors testing the game (I was a low-rank killer), that as soon as I hit Rank 15 last night at midnight I hit a brick wall head first. Obvious coordinated teams, P3 survivors, and generators popped so fast I have little time to get my mind into the game.
I have not been facing legitimate green ranked survivors by any stretch of the imagination. The sudden jump in difficulty is insane. And it's not fun, nor inspiring me to play again. I get having to learn and "git gud." This is far from my first PvP game. I've played Overwatch for three years, Paladins for two years, Apex, Realm Royale, Heroes of the Storm, and others. I PvP'ed back in MMOs. I know all about the meat-grinder process. But the difference once you hit rank 15 is asinine. It is far too easy to de-pip, and way too fast.
My lobby is so empty that I don't even get the opportunity to derank by DCing lol, nearly as bad as hollowed blight lobby Qs