The one thing this game absolutely needs pronto.

we really, really need more chase, ambient, and, terror radius themes that play in game for survivors. Same goes for killer ambient and chase themes.


The tracks, while great, have a very small variety, especially with only two chase themes on killer side not counting Michael, I would love to have scary chase themes playing from the killer’s point of view for that powerful feeling that you only get when playing Michael.


As as a matter of fact, I’ve noticed that the Shape’s chase theme actually dramatically enhances my offensive capability as a killer. To this day it still gives me that rush.


I mean they add music for the main menu and nothing else, and I would love to see more in game tracks added instead. Because when you hear ‘unstable’ play for the 1,000,000th time, it starts to become stale.


I feel like the music is starting to hinder my performance because of how tired I’ve grown of the same few tracks over the months.

Comments

  • Agreed but I'd also like to see the ability to mute chase music like say when it's 1v1 and or dying state on ground. Perhaps have settings where it could auto rotate in set time increments to keep music fresh.


    What would really be cool is to be able to have you own music choices, like Mortal Kombat for mori's etc.

  • @powerbats said:

    Agreed but I'd also like to see the ability to mute chase music like say when it's 1v1 and or dying state on ground. Perhaps have settings where it could auto rotate in set time increments to keep music fresh.

    They would never do that for two reasons, one, it provides a significant advantage over players who choose to keep the soundtrack on. And two, there’s not enough ambient sound in the game to play without music. You’d just hear footsteps and breathing with dead silence since there’s no wind effects or crickets or anything.

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/405189#Comment_405189

    They would never do that for two reasons, one, it provides a significant advantage over players who choose to keep the soundtrack on. And two, there’s not enough ambient sound in the game to play without music. You’d just hear footsteps and breathing with dead silence since there’s no wind effects or crickets or anything.

    True but perhaps give the option if in dying state to turn off the music for survivors in that situation ie no unbreakable/NM. For the others give choices for your own music selection so for instance you could have the following options.

    1. default music plays as normal.
    2. default music but rotates through the various soundtracks.
    3. default music but a selection of your choices as well to rotate through.
    4. your choice of music that could be played perhaps even a playlist that could rotate depending on what you're doing. I.E. no ones around just wandering, chase, hits, downs, hooks, mori's etc.