OoO and SWF/Voice
OoO let's the obsession see the aura of the killer, in return the killer can see their if they look at each other.
SWF or anyone with voice can relay that information at the team.
The team mates benefit from the perk, without suffer any drawbacks!
Is there any plans to even out the power of the perk in the hands of SWFs and voice using survivors vs solo players and killers?
Could it be reworked into a rancor like perk?
When the Obsession looks at the killer the location (not aura) of the survivors will be revealed. On the upside, if the killer can see you, you should also to be able to see him.
This way everyone would be on a more even play field.
Comments
I am a solo survivor, while I understand your problem with SWF and OoO, I get punished heavily just because somebody else decides to run a perk.
I don't see this change happening.
You would get the same benefit as the OoO user when the killer could see you.
For the moment your location would be revealed, you could see the aura of the killer too.
You not get directly punished. You get access to informationen without using the perk.
Yes your location will be revealed, like with rancor when a gen pops. You see his AURA but the killer only sees your location.
This is the issue I'm seeing with this as well. Particularly if you're a stealthier player, your playstyle gets dictated by a perk that somebody else on your team is using. One person on the team using Object of Obsession means the killer gets to know your location almost all the time.
How would you solve the free info without downside to even the field?
Or do you think it's not an issue and it is ok to get an additional perk just because of playing with friends/using voice?
As a solo player this would indeed suck and as swf I never run this and have rarely if ever seen people running this, especially since the update. You've also got people running it for the adept achievement.
The best solution would be to remove the perk and put something else in it's place along with an adept.
Lucky you, 1/3 of SWFs I encounter is using OoO especially after DS change I witness a higher use of the perk.
This may be a regional meta thing.
I can only report from my own experiences.
PC and NA and I'm playing with and against groups from Asia to SA and sometimes even UK but it's still rare. Now pre DS rework and back before they nerfed exhaustion in general it was pretty common.
SWF throws any kind of balance out the window, Them alone without this perk can easily track the killer majority of the game.
Object of obsession is brutal on a SWF and should get a rework to be honest, It sucks for solo players who use this perk but until somethings done about the imbalances SWF Brings I don't see another solution.