Easy MoM fix
The reason why current DS works is because it has conditions that can be counterplayed by the Killer and it encourages healthy play.
MoM is compared to DS, so if it met the above conditions then it would be fine right? Of course if we give it the SAME conditions then it is redundant so....
Right now MoM prevents you from being downed from injured.
My suggestion? Make MoM prevent you from being injuired from healthy instead.
So if a survivor is hit 3 times they must also heal before it does anything.
Don't let the survivor's heal? MoM doesn't work
Instadown the survivor? MoM doesn't work, you didn't injure them
Between those 2 conditions there are plenty of ways to make sure survivor's can't heal. That kind of pressure is common and it means Survivor's have to work for their safety perk.
Probably not perfect. But this should be one of the simplest ways to make MoM a healthy addition to the game instead of DS 3.0
Comments
Just make it so multiple people can't use it in the same match.
This would also make sure that the downside actually matters. The Killer would know for a fact that the survivor has MoM active and the survivor can't avoid healing to avoid the downside if they want the effect.
Just turn the perk into an exhaustion perk. Easy fix.
Just remove it from the game and quit adding stupid ass perks that make an already lopsided game design even more toxic.
They drastically nerfed Fred right after release, no reason they can’t here.
We tried that with DS already. If it didn't work here then why do the same thing again?
They nerfed Freddy because everyone overreacted. That resulted in many negative backlash. I doubt they would like to repeat that right now.
I know, @NuclearBurrito , but it would make it less impactful in a match so we can think of a better rework for it in the meantime.
Or like @TheRealDweard said, turning it into an exhaustion perk could fix some of it issues it has.
@Well_Placed_HexTotem If you are trying to get a suggested added into the game then you need to be suggesting something that actually has a chance at getting added. I don't like this perk any more than you do. However screaming at the devs to remove it is a great way to get ignored. They already made the perk and aren't going to scrap that code lightly, the Freddy rework is taking so long because reworks in general take a long time. Thus you want to make a change suggested as small and easy to implement as possible
lol I’m making a general comment, I’m not expecting them to do a single thing. It took them like 3 years just for something as simple as removing a killers loadout from the end game screen. Maybe MoM will be fixed by 2030.
@plu I suppose. But I feel like a slight change in conditions is a better solution then one we already know won't end well.
@TheRealDweard That COULD work but I'd need to see details.
Maybe Exhaustion is the solution to second chance perks in general? DS requires you to be unexhausted, BT exhausts the player unhooked (like adrenaline does) ect?
Ok the more I think about it the more I want the second chance perks to use the exhaustion mechanic.
Reason being is that those perks while annoying on their own start to break the game when combined