Streamer Privileges

I would like an HONEST answer to a simple question.

Why are particular streamers getting special treatment over other people? I've had MULTIPLE friends who have been banned for DC'ing from matches/Toxic Behavior and I've seen a lot of the top streamers since the release of the game have been constantly disconnecting/verbally harassing people without any sort of punishment.

These top people are the reason for a large percentage of the toxicity that has been occurring since the birth of this game. Some of these people that you call "Fog Whispers" have their communities personally attack people on Steam and the Twitch platform. Keep in mind, these are people who you've chosen to represent YOUR company.

Most of them are probably close to the development team and lets be realistic here, I don't actually expect anything to ever be done about this. Wanted to vent my frustration and I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Comments

  • @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/405122#Comment_405122

    Yes and it's called a joke, because the streams OP is talking about do some of the things i listed

    I don't think joke is the right word

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'll be honest, the first thing I saw of this game was someone who is supposed to represent the community doing nothing but insulting killers and intentionally disconnecting from games on purpose.

    It was not a good first impression, and if I wasn't convinced by my brother and his friends super heavily (read: basically gifted a free copy of the game with DLC), I would have never played this game.

    I can't imagine other newer players getting that as a first impression will be so lenient.

    BHVR, your Fog Whisperers that act like this are basically willfully, and have even for all intense and purposes, admitted, to gaming your system to avoid punishment. Stop relying on a program to parent your players and the people who are supposed to represent the "best of the community" and take some actual human control and responsibility. There's more than enough context to make a judgement call here to say enough is enough and that kind of behavior from them will not be tolerated any longer and if they continue then they will no longer represent the community.

    There shouldn't be a "threshold". If they cannot or will not act responsible, they should not be a Fog Whisperer. No 'ifs ands' or 'buts'. You cannot possibly look at Fog Whisperers who do this kind of thing and expect anyone to take this game or the community seriously with a straight face.

    @Sairek Yeah, some of us have been performing this song and dance since Fall 2018. In response, we basically get the world's smallest violin played at us. At this point, as concerned customers, we've complained about this to the point of losing our voices. I'm just willing to sit back, watch the numbers continue to drop, and let the place burn. It's getting to the point that its deserved.

  • BHVR, your Fog Whisperers that act like this are basically willfully, and have even for all intense and purposes,admitted, to gaming your system to avoid punishment. Stop relying on a program to parent your players and the people who are supposed to represent the "best of the community" and take some actual human control and responsibility.

  • I think that we, as players, consumers, and community members, need to speak out more on this. Maybe start flooding them with emails and support tickets over it, as well as keeping threads like this going.

  • @SmokePotion said:

    I think that we, as players, consumers, and community members, need to speak out more on this. Maybe start flooding them with emails and support tickets over it, as well as keeping threads like this going.

    Keep commenting on it even and get to the the top if necessary, can't let something like this continue until they either

    1. Suspend/Remove the program
    2. Watch as their playerbase slowly declines.
  • @killman OMG IM SO DISSAPOINTED RIGHT NOW

    they better have bought Jane btw and that other new survivor tbh

  • Justified Bump 🤡

  • @Justified I don't see how it's justified. The discussion is over the devs likely won't do anything anytime soon.

  • I didn't realize you were the forum police who decided when discussions are over. If new post similar are still popping up relating to the topic the discussion isn't done. I do appreciate you keeping an eye out though and contributing.

    @Bbbrian2013 Have a wonderful day friend! 🤗

  • @Bbbrian2013 Yea i had no idea you could make the decision on when discussions were over, teach me your ways buddy.

  • @Detective_Jonathan Is there new information? Something that would actually get bhvr's attention?

    If not then it's over. Its not me deciding it's just a fact. Without new content to bring to bhvr to build a case against streamers you're just running in circles.

    Because as is nothing is happening. So we wait for more evidence.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @Detective_Jonathan Is there new information? Something that would actually get bhvr's attention?

    If not then it's over. Its not me deciding it's just a fact. Without new content to bring to bhvr to build a case against streamers you're just running in circles.

    Because as is nothing is happening. So we wait for more evidence.

    Do you have anything to provide to the table?

1 2 ›