Solution For Disconnecting
So Dat360NoScope came up with what I think is an original idea for punishing DCs, it's an actual punishment that deals more damage than bans.
The video goes on to add that crashing or if the Killer DCs you don't get punished so it's for legit DCs and not accidents. The lower percentage of BP per match because you chose not to play fair is a fair punishment, you don't care about others or their game so your game is now harder. I'll post the link to his hilarious video, this is his idea not mine, I'm just sharing it to spread the idea around because I know this would really hurt players that cre about BP, basically enough damage means you're playing to play since you can't possibly level up with the abysmal BP you're getting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEATb-7U1dY

Comments
SOMEONE WHO FINALLY HAS A GREAT IDEA!
People who dc don't care about ranks or bps anyway. Only longer queue times could really affect those can'ts.
That's a good idea too
I think that is a very very fair punishment for dcs. I would like to see the games dcd start a little higher, like maybe starting at three dcs in ten consecutive matches.
The reason being toxic killer players could do things like afk block stairs or block survivors in a corner forcing them to dc as an extended bm.
Also there are far too many bugs in the game atm. How would it play out if you had a row of 3 man games or less mixed in with a toxic killer?
I could see some negatives with the model but i think it has potential.
Well then I guess it's time for killers to band together and play nurse / leigon exclusively until we ban wipe out the survivor base
Absolutely, they can’t do anything like this without leeway for bugs and hostage situations. The latter would definitely be abused a lot more by trolls and salty players. They’d have to do something where people can no longer be blocked in anywhere, that’s for sure.
REWARDING NOT DC'ING > PUNISHING DC'ING
Just gonna leave this here.
Why don't we just get a "full game completion" bonus? If you don't DC (or suicide on the hook within the first 5 minutes of the match), you get 7k or so extra BP when you get to the results screen. That would take a bit of the sting out of being found and downed within the first couple of minutes, tunneled/camped, or struggling against good survivors. It would also help lessen the grind.
I do like your idea. Maybe they could be combined.
Don't play there is your solution.
Been saying this for weeks.
BP wont affect the people who already DC. They already lose BP.
Timed bans such as in R6, LoL, and Rocket League, would weed out the DC garbage quickly.