How consistent is a 3 gen strategy?

Was just wondering how often killers see a viable/strong 3-4 gen strat. Some maps make them more common than others and rng can prevent it altogether, but do you feel they are frequent enough for yourself to address it within loadouts? Aside from doc, are there any killers you use to reinforce this strategy?

Comments

  • Depends a lot on your killer, what map, your luck with gen spawns, which perks you're using and somewhat which addons. I don't think I'd call it reliable though.

    Also, for a 3 gen to work you're going to need AT LEAST 1 survivor dead before you get down to 3 gens. You generally won't be able to micromanage 4 and even 3 can sometimes be difficult depending on their skill level.

    Doctors generally the best that most people think of, but any killers with high mobility or zone control can do it well. Hag and Plague can infect and trap the gens quite effectively, while billy, nurse and spirit give you the mobility to cover them quickly or recover and get back to a gen after a down before they can pop it.

    This all said, it can be very strong. You can be in a losing match but if you get some really close last 3 gens that could cost them the game.

  • I find it a little rare myself and mostly focus of map pressure. If I notice a strong strat with myers; I do like to mess around in tier 1 and steer survivors towards the unessary ones. Let them think they're doing a good job of running me for loops and escaping. Then I start shutting them down as they are forced into my killzone and can tier up quick while they bunch together.

  • The 3-4 gen strat coupled with pop goes the weasel on nurse , billy , or spirit can change the whole outcome of a game when things are going bad

    If you're going to use this strategy and throw out hex ruin you almost always want a killer that is good at snowballing in this situation otherwise it's a downhill battle , the doctor is considered good at this because of his ability to make you flee the gen to snap out of it but if you try this with lower tier killers it's not gonna be effective against a good survivor team.

  • The biggest issue with 3 gen strat is, you cannot force the survivors to do gens.

    At some point you have the break your grasp and commit to a chase and than lose the game.

  • The Trapper is very good at that, since it allows to have more control on his traps which are condensed in a smaller area instead of accross the whole map, which makes them overall more lethal.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @White_Owl Freddy is also very good at this too, just that he’s misunderstood and players don’t realise how effectively (both actively and passively) he can do this. He just has a steep learning curve.

    I know. I do that every time I can

  • I think most killers can perform well when the last 3 gens are near one another, some just can do it better than others. My favorite to do this is the Hag personally, but that's out of the ones I can actually play (I'm not really good with Nurse or Billy for example)