The Forest, you know, the horror survival game with the same amount of bugs, I want to talk about it with someone, see if they completed the game or done anything else
@ClogWench I play is on ps4 as well, the other day I was adding onto the church building (you get this around the Crossbow weapon) and I did not hear a cannibal run up on me, I was getting some logs and I get hit in the back so I turn around after jumping from being scared from him, it can scare you but the game is pretty easy to exploit
@Shad03 Usually I will go deeper in to get logs, but btw I accidentally found an exploit into the sinkhole, if you hold your character onto the wall, certain walls will allow you in, so I completed the game in about 20 in-game days
@Hoodedfengm1n I actually really like the Forest. A month or so ago I actually managed to capture a cannibal so that was pretty fun. What's really cool though is building a few bonfires at the land bridge where most of the cannibal patrols pass through. Just set up some food in advance and see how long you can survive the waves.
@Peasant You can capture cannibals? I always wanted to start my own farm...
@Shad03 While there's no streamlined tool or process to capture cannibals you can trap them inside certain areas. In the following picture I set up in the cannibal main village and walled up almost the entire entrance side of the hut. Then I left a section open and only needing 1 more stone to be finished. Then I simply waited until the cannibal ran in after me and quickly sprinted out and finished the blueprint. I later added some stairs so that I can choose to view my specimen from an additional angle (instead of just through the back "bars").
@Shad03 Honestly, they probably do despawn, but screenshots last forever so I guess it's more of a bragging rights thing: "You've killed lots of cannibals? Big whoop, anyone can kill lots of cannibals. But I can take them alive."
If we're all on PC maybe we should consider sending the League of Legions into the Forest? Goodness knows the survivor community would love the idea of all of the Legions leaving and going somewhere else.
@Shad03@Peasant When you guys complete the game (or if you already did) choose the emergency shut down and go back to the yacht, open the door and take that key to the tundra until you find another cave, inside you will be safe from cannibals and you will get a special device
@Shad03@Peasant When you guys complete the game (or if you already did) choose the emergency shut down and go back to the yacht, open the door and take that key to the tundra until you find another cave, inside you will be safe from cannibals and you will get a special device
@Hoodedfengm1n That's the ending I got with a friend already. Also that damned boss fight was hard as hell, I don't feel like going through that again.
@Shad03 Oh no you don't have to (btw Molotovs take down Megan easily) head back to the yacht with the golden key card and the door will contain some of Megan's drawings and an artifact piece, when you head to that cave you will get a pacifist/Horde mode artifact
@Shad03 Oh no you don't have to (btw Molotovs take down Megan easily) head back to the yacht with the golden key card and the door will contain some of Megan's drawings and an artifact piece, when you head to that cave you will get a pacifist/Horde mode artifact
The Forest, you know, the horror survival game with the same amount of bugs, I want to talk about it with someone, see if they completed the game or done…
I played the game when it came out on PC. Had a lot of fun with my friends, but unfortunately there is really nothing to do once you completed the story.
I played the game when it came out on PC. Had a lot of fun with my friends, but unfortunately there is really nothing to do once you completed the story.
@Master You can now, they made alot of new things, a new mutant that spawns after day 40 called "the worm" will bring fun back into the game,it is literally the boss but slightly harder and with more attacks
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've been playing it on PS4 lately actually. One of the first games in a while that made me legitimately scared.
@ClogWench I play is on ps4 as well, the other day I was adding onto the church building (you get this around the Crossbow weapon) and I did not hear a cannibal run up on me, I was getting some logs and I get hit in the back so I turn around after jumping from being scared from him, it can scare you but the game is pretty easy to exploit
I love hunting down my meals~
@Shad03 Is is animal, or my meals
@Hoodedfengm1n
Dunno, they keep yelling and waving their clubs around. Legs and Arms are delicious though.
@Shad03 Yeah, I know my chainsaw seems to work tho
@Hoodedfengm1n I love the chainsaw. A shame supplies can be limited.
@Shad03 Usually I will go deeper in to get logs, but btw I accidentally found an exploit into the sinkhole, if you hold your character onto the wall, certain walls will allow you in, so I completed the game in about 20 in-game days
@Hoodedfengm1n Alternatively you can use a turtle shell. It's a one in a million chance, but you can possibly survive a fall while riding the shell.
@Hoodedfengm1n I actually really like the Forest. A month or so ago I actually managed to capture a cannibal so that was pretty fun. What's really cool though is building a few bonfires at the land bridge where most of the cannibal patrols pass through. Just set up some food in advance and see how long you can survive the waves.
@Peasant You can capture cannibals? I always wanted to start my own farm...
@Shad03 While there's no streamlined tool or process to capture cannibals you can trap them inside certain areas. In the following picture I set up in the cannibal main village and walled up almost the entire entrance side of the hut. Then I left a section open and only needing 1 more stone to be finished. Then I simply waited until the cannibal ran in after me and quickly sprinted out and finished the blueprint. I later added some stairs so that I can choose to view my specimen from an additional angle (instead of just through the back "bars").
@Peasant Awww. So cute.
A shame though, I think they despawn right?
@Shad03 Honestly, they probably do despawn, but screenshots last forever so I guess it's more of a bragging rights thing: "You've killed lots of cannibals? Big whoop, anyone can kill lots of cannibals. But I can take them alive."
If we're all on PC maybe we should consider sending the League of Legions into the Forest? Goodness knows the survivor community would love the idea of all of the Legions leaving and going somewhere else.
@Peasant PS4 pleb sadly ._.
But I find my time robbing banks as a P.A.Y.D.A.Y member far more worthwhile.
@Peasant sadly, I am also a ps4 pleb for forest
@Shad03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s@Hoodedfengm1n
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s@Shad03 @Peasant When you guys complete the game (or if you already did) choose the emergency shut down and go back to the yacht, open the door and take that key to the tundra until you find another cave, inside you will be safe from cannibals and you will get a special device
@Hoodedfengm1n That's the ending I got with a friend already. Also that damned boss fight was hard as hell, I don't feel like going through that again.
@Shad03 Oh no you don't have to (btw Molotovs take down Megan easily) head back to the yacht with the golden key card and the door will contain some of Megan's drawings and an artifact piece, when you head to that cave you will get a pacifist/Horde mode artifact
this
@Hoodedfengm1n Does it really do anything? I tried running tests on it, and while a bit of Cannibals do ignore me, some run and attack me anyways.
@Hoodedfengm1n The Artifacts are cool and all, but have you ever gotten the gun?
@Peasant I only got the crossbow
@Shad03 Yeah, thats a bug
@Hoodedfengm1n Somehow I don't think it's gonna get fixed.
@Shad03 Not likely, it was dropped on 1.0, so people do not know about the artifact ball much
@Hoodedfengm1n Megan? Is that like a ripoff Negan?
@PhantomMask20763
No no.
This is Megan. Enjoy the nightmares.
@Shad03 I did when I saw her
@Shad03 Ah, I see. Thank you for informing me
@Shad03 the more I stare at the picture the more uncomfortable I get
@PhantomMask20763 That fight is very disturbing in general
I played the game when it came out on PC. Had a lot of fun with my friends, but unfortunately there is really nothing to do once you completed the story.
@PhantomMask20763 What can I say except you're welcome?
@Master You can now, they made alot of new things, a new mutant that spawns after day 40 called "the worm" will bring fun back into the game,it is literally the boss but slightly harder and with more attacks
@Shad03 But I'm SHINY