Should DCing be...
Identified as ‘unsportsmen’ in the after match reports, or should it have it’s own special category? I feel like it would help the devs a lot more in finding out who is the issue currently in the DC apocalypse, but at the same time, we barely have any info as to how the DC banning system really works. Perhaps this idea could enhance it? A player DCing once wouldn’t be a big issue, but if they rack in A LOT of reports from both teammates and killers, would this solve it? This is more of an opinion post for everyone to discuss, but perhaps it could help, thoughhhhhh what do I know. :P
Comments
You dont report for dcing as it takes up times and means other reports take longer to get through.
Dcing is done via their built in system so it tracks each match of who they are, who the killer was and when they DC, its an automatic ban when they hit a set percentage,
@twistedmonkey I know that, but the ban system just seems so weird right now. We don’t exactly know if this truly does work and how it functions, I mean, do we even have any evidence? A post awhile ago asked if anyone has been banned by this system and I don’t think anyone truly was. I could be wrong, but it seems like it would probably be easier to get a percentage down by the player base rather than ‘statistics’ that we don’t truly understand.
Disconnecting definetly is unsportsmanlike, it does not benefit anybody. I think the current system should be more sensitive to disconnecting because people do seem to get away with it way too often. I'm sure that nobody is scared of the punishment glued to disconnecting as it requires you to disconnect so often, that the game isn't even 'fun' for the person that keeps on disconnecting.
@Chaotic_Riddle Players who dc too often are getting banned in "ban waves". As long as the devs don't do another wave, the people who are frequently dc'ing are still playing. AFAIK is has been some time since the last wave.
The devs know the dc percentages of the players. It's their decision when to do the next wave.
@Chaotic_Riddle
As above, many have been banned when a wave hits you would see posts appearing asking why they were banned, the I saw it more on the steam forums as here the mods probably know it's going to happen so are about even more to close them down instantly.
Personally I would prefer the percentage to be lower or actually a time out system but that's down to the devs.
Hopefully when dedicated servers come along they can implement a better way to handle it, hopefully.....