Can we have the good matchmaking back?
Idk how it worked on other platforms, but here’s how it worked on Xbox:
Pre new matchmaking system: Quick lobbies on both sides, comparable rank on either side mostly, barring SWF.
New system: Lobbies take minutes to even MAKE, let alone fill, now takes ages just to start a match. Ranks seem completely random.
Devs disable new system: Oh nice, a return to fast lobbies full of similar ranked players! Rejoice.
For some stupid reason, devs go BACK to new system that received virtually universal hate: Aaaaand we’re back to stupid long wait times (it never even gives you an estimate now, just says “unknown”) and some of the most broken ranked based matchmaking ever.
So this is my last survivor match. I’m playing against a Billy. He spawns near me, I run him for maybe 45 seconds, he saws me down. He hooks me and zips off to BBQ his next victim. The other two survivors just sit on gens allowing me to progress to second hook phase. Only when another survivor gets downed and hooked and Billy zips off to BBQ Gen Jockey 2 does Gen Jockey 1 get off her gen and rescue the other person first, then they both run to unhook me, together. Oh ok, cool, they just be coming together to team heal since two of us are injured. Nope... Gen Jockey 1 sees Meg unhook me and just runs off. But hey Meg has WGMI, surely she’ll heal! Nope. Billy hooks Gen Jockey 2, who immediately DCs, and zips back and downs Meg. He sees me and chases me. I lose him but he hooks the other two and BBQs to me and I’m dead.
What horrible luck to be matched with such bad teammates, especially as a red rank. Oh... our killer was rank 4... I was rank 4.. the other survivors? 18, 17, 15. Yikes.
Just now as killer. Spawn in as Mr Bing Bong. Find and hook someone, they kill themselves on hook. Fine, I didn’t want to pip anyway. I hook all other three individually and they rescue each other every time. I hook a Jane for her second hook. She lets herself die. Down Feng. DC. Chase the Nea I saw and down her, only 1 gen has been done. DC.
I look at the result screen... me at rank 1 killer for two 19’s and a 17.
WHY are we going forward with such a garbage MM system? Even if the rank problem is somehow fixed, it now takes WAYYYYY longer to find matches.
Why should I buy a new survivor to play in this doodoo?
Comments
I'd rather have bad rank matching than 30 minute queues...I hope they don't go back tbh.
A lot of people who had trouble with the “old” matchmaking, benefitted from the “new” one.
By the same coin, a lot of people who didn’t have trouble before, did now.
They ran through their data and determined that the “new” one was more trouble than it was worth and reverted it.
Would be cool if they let us choose.
The only bad thing about old match maker was ping. Instead of seperating people into 3 huge regions they should add ping rule to match search. I am from Europe and most of my lobbies are around 120ms. That's the same as playing vs someone from the east coast. Hell even had one lobby today that was offering generous 380ms.
Dividing us into regions, while with good intentions, really made things worse.
The last update was killing the matchmaking but they solved the high ping issues for everyone he seems but they haven't solve the queues and rank issues yet.