Matchmaking concern
Hello all,
I’ll start by saying that I am a red rank killer main, but I also play a lot of survivor. As killer, the matcmaking feels unfair to the group that I am playing against. There are usually 1-3 rank 15-20 survivors and I absolutely destroy them. I can’t imagine that the low ranks enjoy this, and I know how unfair it feels as a high rank survivor to have your team tank and destroy any chance of winning. While it’s nice to not take years in a lobby, this feels unfair
tldr: matchmaking should be changed
Comments
It's strange, but I'll repost what I said in another thread. See, I'm facing just the opposite issue.
I just came back to the game after almost a year away (I bought the game and all the DLCs at the time during the 2018 summer sale on Steam, but didn't play it much). I'm Rank 20 Killer on PC, and I find matches in less than three minutes. Last night at 1:30am my time (east coast) it took about four minutes.
Now, I've been going against rank 15-11 survivors a lot, but I have to wonder about their rank vs skill. I'm rank 19 now (ranked up last night during my final trial) I have a total of 31 hours in DbD, and I am getting a 3k or 4k almost every match as Myers. I mean, what the hell? I had like only one match in all this weekend where I didn't at least 2k. These guys have 5 to 9 ranks on me, I should not be killing them like that.
And my Myers is only Level 15. He doesn't have a ton of add-ons, either. He's stalled there because I'm dumping BP into killers I don't like to play but want the Teachables from, like Cannibal and a couple of others.
Why, as a newbie player at beginning ranks, am I killing higher-than-me ranked Survivors like this? And no, I am not good at the game, so I'm not implying that.
I've been playing nonstop since the patch as a rank 1 killer and in a few days I've only seen maybe 3 red ranks.
Killer is easier to win than surv. Thats how they Balance the game, as surv youre just a playtoy.
This is just inaccurate.