If Freddy is a bad Killer ....

.... then why do people not like going against him? Shouldn't it be an easy escape?

Comments

  • boring to play against, tedious

  • You could say the same about Legion.

    People don't like going against him because his power is annoying. You're constantly holding M1 hoping for skill checks or trying to hide from a killer you can't see.

  • That's the thing:

    He's weak and annoying at the same time. Being weak leaves him with fewer options, mainly the ones more frowned upon by survivors. Being annoying is just the cherry on top.

    But honestly there are some good Freddys that post regularly in the forum, so perhaps they can explain better.

    Anyway, my escape rate against Freddy is like 2%, and my kill rate as him is like 2% also, so certainly I am not the most qualified guy to talk about him LOL

  • I think because it's really hard to stealth around him. The 7 seconds gives you a lot of time to get to safety, but you will have a hard time evading him. Add in if he does lose you he can find you again easily and he can be annoying to face.

  • @Bbbrian2013 He's actually pretty easy to hide from, the trick is you have to play him to understand how he sees the game. Dream World is very foggy and dark. If you don't hear a lullaby, as long as you're not standing out in the open, you are basically invisible.

    Like I get why people don't like him but he's not hard to counter and as long as you don't get a dbag killer (which honestly a lot of Freddy players are, former Freddy main saying this BTW, and no I don't play like a dbag) then he is fun to go against.

  • @Condorloco_26 That's only if the guy playing Freddy is a trash killer, which most Freddy's are honestly. Freddy is VERY hard to use effectively, but when you know what you are doing with him you generally don't need to use those lame tactics. It's just people don't want to put in the time and take the L's to get better, so they take the path of least resistance and tunnel/camp, which are awful strategies for him.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @Bbbrian2013 He's actually pretty easy to hide from, the trick is you have to play him to understand how he sees the game. Dream World is very foggy and dark. If you don't hear a lullaby, as long as you're not standing out in the open, you are basically invisible.

    Like I get why people don't like him but he's not hard to counter and as long as you don't get a dbag killer (which honestly a lot of Freddy players are, former Freddy main saying this BTW, and no I don't play like a dbag) then he is fun to go against.

    I just hold down his dream world ability so that if someone is hiding and I cant see them he targets them. Im red-green color blind and honestly Freddy's different color pallet and ability really helps me with my disability. Same with Myers.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @Condorloco_26 That's only if the guy playing Freddy is a trash killer, which most Freddy's are honestly. Freddy is VERY hard to use effectively, but when you know what you are doing with him you generally don't need to use those lame tactics. It's just people don't want to put in the time and take the L's to get better, so they take the path of least resistance and tunnel/camp, which are awful strategies for him.

    Yeah honestly I gave up trying to get better as him, focusing instead in other killers. So like I said, I'm not the most qualified to talk about him.

    Maybe now, that I don't give a rat's ass anymore about pips and ranking, I try him for a 2nd chance.

  • I feel like he’s good at isolating survivors and focusing them down, but when it comes to his actual gameplay, he kind of lacks...

  • Freddy is a random killer. Somehow he ended up being my main killer. I go straight to rank 2 using only him without really any issue. Monitor and Abuse is really nice on him. Ruin...even Franklins as the Dream world seems to lure a false sense of security and people recklessly go get their items from the hook.

    Bad line of sight? Extend range and do some spins. You don't even need to find survivors to tag them in. Tag everyone and then isolate. Limit injuries as they will always be using self care to wake up instead.

    But yeah...play some good SWF they're going to wake eachother up a lot and make things difficult.