Pillars of Light?

So, I was in a match on The Game and shortly after starting there was this, well, the best way I can describe it was a Pillar Of Light that just sort of, appeared.

I play on PS4, and as far as I could tell I was the only one who could see it because nobody else reacted to it.

I thought it might be a big but if so that’s a pretty strange one to be sure. So far I haven’t been able to make it appear again either...

74101898-E793-4FA0-8346-517BEE85DA44.jpeg


Comments

  • Thats called a "marker". Its available with a certain map add-on; Glass Bead. It can be seen by all Survivors, not by the Killer. The Survivor using the map can use it to mark specific spots, like the hatch, a totem or just for fun.

  • The funnest addon in the game the shining beam of light best used when you are playing Jeff.

  • @PigNRun said:

    Thats called a "marker". Its available with a certain map add-on; Glass Bead. It can be seen by all Survivors, not by the Killer. The Survivor using the map can use it to mark specific spots, like the hatch, a totem or just for fun.

    That's actually really cool, though I'm not sure what use it has beyond marking the Hatch and I guess which Gen you're on.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382069#Comment_382069

    That's actually really cool, though I'm not sure what use it has beyond marking the Hatch and I guess which Gen you're on.

    @TAG

    As you said it’s useful for marking the hatch, but it’s also good for preventing 3 Gen situations.

    You can mark generators that are too close together, that way the killer can’t patrol as easily late game.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/382089#Comment_382089

    @TAG

    As you said it’s useful for marking the hatch, but it’s also good for preventing 3 Gen situations.

    You can mark generators that are too close together, that way the killer can’t patrol as easily late game.

    That's actually a pretty good point.

  • @PigNRun said:

    Thats called a "marker". Its available with a certain map add-on; Glass Bead. It can be seen by all Survivors, not by the Killer. The Survivor using the map can use it to mark specific spots, like the hatch, a totem or just for fun.

    Well, that goes to show how much I know about the game then lmao. This was my first time seeing that

  • I use it to mark a gen for co-op and since it can be instantly deployed I use it mid chase to mark where I (and the killer) currently are on the map