Anyone else have Stockholm syndrome with this game?

Ahh I really miss young naive me first jumping into this game screaming when a killer jumped out on me... or role-playing as a vicious killer myself, it was pure immersive horror... A few days later you learn what the game really is, a semi competitive sweat fest of flash light spam, teabags, face camping and tunneling. Ahhh the Stockholm syndrome I have with this game is unreal I beg that it release me.

In all seriousness how many times have you guys "quit" or taken a break from dbd and what keeps you coming back. it's pretty plain to see from the amount of complaints on this forum that people aren't happy with the game but yet passionate enough to go online and voice those complaints and continue to sink hours into the game! Why is that?

Ps. No hate on the game just genuinely curious how others feel I personally have had a pretty bad time on the game recently and despite me cursing it out I know I'll come back for more! Maybe we're all just masochist's?

Comments

  • As much as i deny it, i think i do, i went from "F you Myers don't kill me" to " Yes, F me Daddy Myers OwO"

  • @Franks_mixtape said:

    I took breaks. Atm I feel burned out too and don't play much but trying to keep myself interested.

    What helps me is listening to some mixtapes while playing.

    It's weird though right with most games once that burn out kicks in you quit and don't look back, yet with this game were still here trying to enjoy it.

  • As a serious answer tho, yeah, i always take small breaks and then come back, it's a fun game at it's core, it's just ruined by a very toxic community most of the time.

  • @Plu said:

    As much as i deny it, i think i do, i went from "F you Myers don't kill me" to " Yes, F me Daddy Myers OwO"

    Haha OMG this made me laugh too much and totally agree I think daddy Myers is what keeps my coming back ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Plu said:

    As a serious answer tho, yeah, i always take small breaks and then come back, it's a fun game at it's core, it's just ruined by a very toxic community most of the time.

    Agreed I definitely think the core gameplay is what keeps us coming back there's something special there... it's just everything surrounding it that holds it back ๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • @Franks_mixtape said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/380907#Comment_380907

    Because there is nothing similar in my opinion. Identity V looks nice but it is on mobile and is not as good as this game. We like this because it is one of a kind.

    I get ya it's so unique that even when you hate the game there's not really much else to fill that void if you do wanna stop. unlike all the millions of fps shooter's out there.

  • I take breaks with my hobbies, it keeps me not feeling burned out most of the time. also its fun time to time to roleplay like I'm in a horror movie. Specially when the killer has ebony mori and every dies one by one.

  • @Franks_mixtape said:

    I don't think you hate it, you hate some people in it that make the game unfun. Game can be really fun even with all these bugs if the people are nice.

    I make people miserable tho, it is my job.

    True I think it's important to remember that... Aha but of course

  • @Aluna said:

    I take breaks with my hobbies, it keeps me not feeling burned out most of the time. also its fun time to time to roleplay like I'm in a horror movie. Specially when the killer has ebony mori and every dies one by one.

    Totally but this is the problem I really want to to role play and get into the horror but I just don't feel it. I think the one game mode of the game maybe to exploitative and people just become idiots and abuse it, I really just wanna have a good horror experience!

  • Daddy Myers is the only killer that makes my heart skip a beat he can definitely scare me and restores my love for the game!

  • @Franks_mixtape said:

    We need shirtless Myers tho.

    OwO Yes we do! shirtless Myers will make the player count increase ten fold BHVR the community has spoken!