Behavior Needs to Commit to a Core Design

There are times where they strictly try to buff Solos closer to SWF’s power. Such as the obsession change in 2.1, where it is revealed to all survivors. This change had very little effect on SWF because of voice coms, but was irreplaceable to Solos.

However, there are still many aspects of the game where SWF holds a clear advantage over Solos, but doesn’t need to. Dark Sense for instance, where a killer’s exact location can be easily communicated in a group, is virtually impossible to do so in Solos. A simple change would be that everyone could see the Auras from 1 survivor’s Dark Sense.

Some may feel SWF should be nerfed, other feel that Solo just needs to be buffed. However, whichever way you feel, the whole game suffers because Behavior is indecisive. This leads to half hearted changes that don’t actually do anything.

There are numerous examples throughout the game, but a very recent one comes from the Evil Dead leak. Specifically the perk “Buckle Up”

This perk allows the user to know how much a downed survivor has recovered via their aura. It doesn’t benefit SWF, but provides Solo players with info they previously had no way of knowing. This is great for closing the gap between SWF and Solos right?

No. It’s not. It could have been, but as the “King of Bandaids” Behavior loves to do. They made it a perk, instead of an actual mechanic.

If it was a mechanic, for most cases it would solely benefit Solo players. However by making it into a perk, it put Solo players a perk down over a SWF group by using it.

I’ll reiterate once more. Whether you feel that SWF should be nerfed, or Solos should be buffed isn’t important. Either way, if Behavior continues to make changes without committing to a direction, then the whole game will continue to suffer and not actually develop.

Comments

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    It looks like players pretty much agree that buffing solo survs + killers and not nerfing SWF is the way to go.

    The next discussion is: Voicecom for everyone or more information (like base kit Kindred)?

    I'd prefer to have more information. @Black_Fence made some good points.

    @NoShinyPony

    Voice Chat is one of the few things Behavior is actively against. So I’d rather suggest something else.

    Even if it they weren’t, simply introducing Voice Chat creates a lot of questions.

    What if players are forced to mute? What if players don’t have a mic? What if they don’t want to talk? What if they physically can’t speak?

  • @Larcz said:

    You all write only about solo and swf but what with gen rush lose chase too fast becose of fov and soo on like end game...How i supose feel im power role as killer when i got first hook and survs got 2/5 gens done #########? And about perks bulid in like passive well i need at least 4 to rid off problem with palets next perks for gens etc...

    You are the power role. FOV issues? Run MaA or shadow born. Gen issues? Ruin/tinkerer/murmur/thana.


    Therea plenty of perks to assist where tour gameplay may lack.


    Also, "gen rush" is literally them doing their job. Patrol a little more than chase, keep them off the gens. Or find 3 close and dont let them ever finish the last. Usually a solid strategy if you dont give in to the clicky clicky loopers that WANT you to chase them all game.

    Also, the first hook can be a snowball. Had a game as plague with 2 gens left on first hook. Ended up with a 3k/1 hatch with 1 gen left.

    Of course you'll always have a chance to run into simply better players. Just have to adapt to what's happening, and do your best. Learn from your faults.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383121#Comment_383121

    @NoShinyPony

    Voice Chat is one of the few things Behavior is actively against. So I’d rather suggest something else.

    Even if it they weren’t, simply introducing Voice Chat creates a lot of questions.

    What if players are forced to mute? What if players don’t have a mic? What if they don’t want to talk? What if they physically can’t speak?

    I'm glad you're thinking about every situation, but I'm pretty sure every game with voice comms works even for people who cant speak. They may not be able to give info, but they can absolutely hear and use it. And not to be rude, but if you are deaf and mute, CHANCES are you wont be playing a team based pvp game. However, even then, the % of dead mute players would be so low compared to the rest, that the change would still be overall beneficial. If voice comms were decided to be useful in a general sense.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383588#Comment_383588

    I'm glad you're thinking about every situation, but I'm pretty sure every game with voice comms works even for people who cant speak. They may not be able to give info, but they can absolutely hear and use it. And not to be rude, but if you are deaf and mute, CHANCES are you wont be playing a team based pvp game. However, even then, the % of dead mute players would be so low compared to the rest, that the change would still be overall beneficial. If voice comms were decided to be useful in a general sense.

    @Carpemortum

    It works to an extent, but one way communication can only go so far.

    Plus I don’t see anything wrong in striving for better communication for everyone.

    If it was highly requested, I wouldn’t mind having voice chat as a supplement to other communication tools. However, I think creating mechanics that’ll help everyone no matter what should take precedence.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383604#Comment_383604

    @Carpemortum

    It works to an extent, but one way communication can only go so far.

    Plus I don’t see anything wrong in striving for better communication for everyone.

    If it was highly requested, I wouldn’t mind having voice chat as a supplement to other communication tools. However, I think creating mechanics that’ll help everyone no matter what should take precedence.

    I agree, I was just saying that in the event of adding voice comms, having an option to disable it altogether instead of individual muting, would be a great addition so that people arent FORCED to hear what is said, but allows if wanted.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384286#Comment_384286

    I agree, I was just saying that in the event of adding voice comms, having an option to disable it altogether instead of individual muting, would be a great addition so that people arent FORCED to hear what is said, but allows if wanted.

    @Carpemortum

    They could also do what some other games have, where you have the option to mute the audio but have it be transcribed into text.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384298#Comment_384298

    @Carpemortum

    They could also do what some other games have, where you have the option to mute the audio but have it be transcribed into text.

    @ModernFable

    Oooh which games? I've never seen that but it sounds like a pretty useful feature.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384355#Comment_384355

    @ModernFable

    Oooh which games? I've never seen that but it sounds like a pretty useful feature.

    @Carpemortum

    The one in recent memory would be Apex Legends. That game has an astounding amount of tools for cooperating without talking.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384423#Comment_384423

    @Carpemortum

    The one in recent memory would be Apex Legends. That game has an astounding amount of tools for cooperating without talking.

    @ModernFable


    Ahhh their ping system. Yeah I like that.

    Or did you mean they actually have voice to text now?

  • There's no real way to nerf SWF unless they do like "for each person in your group you get 1 less perk slot" or something, or give them some other disadvantages to make up for them basically having a bunch of perks for free and more

    On the other hand if they make solos as good as SWF then a ton of perks would be gone or useless, and they'd have to buff killers to match that and change some of their perks as well

    They can't remove SWF or there'd be astronomical hate and loss of players

    They could make a some kind of mode where only solo survivors are allowed, but then I'm guessing most killers would play that to not subject themselves to a more difficult game against SWF, so SWF players would yet again be upset. There's really not a good way to go about fixing this situation

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384432#Comment_384432

    @ModernFable

    Ahhh their ping system. Yeah I like that.

    Or did you mean they actually have voice to text now?

    @Carpemortum

    Apex’s ping system is amazing, along with the various helpful voice lines.

    But on the topic of voice to text, they’ve always had it.

    Just go to “Settings” and in “Audio” there’s an option for “Convert Incoming Voice to Chat Text.”

    It’s been there since day 1.

  • @Entità said:

    Solos need the same amount of info of SWF, and killers to be buffed to SWF strength, by adding passive skills: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46538/definitive-solution-to-bridge-the-swf-killer-solos-gaps

    @Entità

    I’ve gone over some possible solutions in older, but I would agree with the direction of buffing Solo coms and then killers.

  • @ModernFable What do you think about my proposal?

  • @Entità said:

    @ModernFable What do you think about my proposal?

    @Entità

    Kindred is fine, although it’s not my favorite idea. And I don’t like NOED, I don’t think it’s all that intuitive of a solution or fun.

    I get new ideas, but here are some old ones I had: (although I’d replace the 3rd one with Buckle Up)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/43511/closing-the-gap-between-swf-and-solo/p1

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384546#Comment_384546

    @Carpemortum

    Apex’s ping system is amazing, along with the various helpful voice lines.

    But on the topic of voice to text, they’ve always had it.

    Just go to “Settings” and in “Audio” there’s an option for “Convert Incoming Voice to Chat Text.”

    It’s been there since day 1.

    Yes, but depending on your platform, their voice-to-text has not always worked properly. I know from Google that at least on the PS4, it's had its share of issues.

    I don't know if they fixed that or not, I played on PC. Past tense. Apex has the same issue I have with most BR games: no matchmaking. I'm a low-level player coming from Overwatch, so it's a high learning curve on getting movement and aim down, plus I play SoloQ as my friends don't play shooters outside of Overwatch (we're all in our 40's and they have zero interest in the traditional run-and-gun style shooting). Being matched against teams with people with thousands of kills already, and getting mowed down and left for dead first fight, isn't a good way to learn. I suppose had I jumped into the game during launch week and played religiously, it might be a different story now.

    But, I didn't. So trying to learn the game now is just an exercise in re-queuing frustration. It's a game that is strongly built around a pre-made squad and squad tactics, something that is just missing in randoms. My experience with randoms has been getting teamed with high-level players who all think they're Shroud, and none of the matches last long enough to learn anything.

    By comparison, I don't have that same issue in Realm Royale. Yes, the matchmaking is the same, but the pacing and set-up makes it easier to learn, and going up against someone with a lot of time in the game isn't always a death sentence.

    So, needing a break from Overwatch, DbD is where I'll hang my hat. Yes, I am a Killer Main. No, I am not biased against Survivors. I don't care what buffs or whatever they get, as long as the matches are fun. And no, I don't expect, nor need, a 4k every match. I just want the bloodpoints. They can all escape in the end, as long as I did enough overall in the trial to earn some BP. I already have Overwatch, Paladins, and Realm Royale if I want to worry about kill-count.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383121#Comment_383121

    @NoShinyPony

    Voice Chat is one of the few things Behavior is actively against. So I’d rather suggest something else.

    Even if it they weren’t, simply introducing Voice Chat creates a lot of questions.

    What if players are forced to mute? What if players don’t have a mic? What if they don’t want to talk? What if they physically can’t speak?

    @ModernFable

    You ever play Siege? Or any competitive game with voice chat for that matter? None of that is a problem. People can choose whether to use the chat or not. They can mute, they can talk, they can do whatever the hell they want. I really don't understand the big deal.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384546#Comment_384546

    @Carpemortum

    Apex’s ping system is amazing, along with the various helpful voice lines.

    But on the topic of voice to text, they’ve always had it.

    Just go to “Settings” and in “Audio” there’s an option for “Convert Incoming Voice to Chat Text.”

    It’s been there since day 1.

    @ModernFable

    Wow I was not aware of this. I'll be trying it out just to see how well it works.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383588#Comment_383588

    @ModernFable

    You ever play Siege? Or any competitive game with voice chat for that matter? None of that is a problem. People can choose whether to use the chat or not. They can mute, they can talk, they can do whatever the hell they want. I really don't understand the big deal.

    @Saint_Ukraine

    You ever play any of those competitive games?

    The reason why turning off voice chat isn’t such a big deal, is because those games already have secondary means of communication in place.

    Rainbow Six Siege has drones for coms, pings for coms, and the name/location of everyone on your team is constantly on your screen. Along with a multitude of other useful information coming your way in the form of automatic voice lines.

    Dota, League of Legends, and Smite. All of these MOBAs have integrated text chats or even VGS where you can have your character say a wide arrange of coms like: enemy missing, enemy incoming, attack this, they’re behind us etc..

    All while also having a simple, but effective ping system in addition to all that.

    The reason why it isn’t such a big deal to turn off voice chat in these games isn’t because quick communication isn’t important.

    It’s because the developers had enough foresight to have multiple means of secondary communication built in. Where players don’t have to communicate every second through voice commands, without being put at a huge disadvantage.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385818#Comment_385818

    @Saint_Ukraine

    You ever play any of those competitive games?

    The reason why turning off voice chat isn’t such a big deal, is because those games already have secondary means of communication in place.

    Rainbow Six Siege has drones for coms, pings for coms, and the name/location of everyone on your team is constantly on your screen. Along with a multitude of other useful information coming your way in the form of automatic voice lines.

    Dota, League of Legends, and Smite. All of these MOBAs have integrated text chats or even VGS where you can have your character say a wide arrange of coms like: enemy missing, enemy incoming, attack this, they’re behind us etc..

    All while also having a simple, but effective ping system in addition to all that.

    The reason why it isn’t such a big deal to turn off voice chat in these games isn’t because quick communication isn’t important.

    It’s because the developers had enough foresight to have multiple means of secondary communication built in. Where players don’t have to communicate every second through voice commands, without being put at a huge disadvantage.

    @ModernFable

    Well, I see. You make a fair point.

  • @Saint_Ukraine

    I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off as rude. I’m just frustrated about how much Dead by Daylight lacks in comparison to other team oriented games.

    It’s not like it came out a long time ago, it’s not the newest title, but it surely could’ve learned from its peers in the industry.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387619#Comment_387619

    @Saint_Ukraine

    I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off as rude. I’m just frustrated about how much Dead by Daylight lacks in comparison to other team oriented games.

    It’s not like it came out a long time ago, it’s not the newest title, but it surely could’ve learned from its peers in the industry.

    @ModernFable

    Yeah. A lot of things about this game could be heavily improved if bE wasn't so stubborn.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/384698#Comment_384698

    @ModernFable

    Wow I was not aware of this. I'll be trying it out just to see how well it works.

    Yeah it’s a really awesome feature.

    Unfortunately, it doesn’t work great for everybody, but still useful even when it’s not being perfect.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/383588#Comment_383588

    @ModernFable

    You ever play Siege? Or any competitive game with voice chat for that matter? None of that is a problem. People can choose whether to use the chat or not. They can mute, they can talk, they can do whatever the hell they want. I really don't understand the big deal.

    The thing is, most solos (including me) want a balanced experience without the need of voice com. If devs are just putting in voice com for everyone, they will 100% not close the gap between swf and solos cuz "you solos have voice coms now, use it 4heads" but I by myself don't want to use it. I want balance without voice coms.

    That's why many (including me) are currently against voice coms.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/385818#Comment_385818

    The thing is, most solos (including me) want a balanced experience without the need of voice com. If devs are just putting in voice com for everyone, they will 100% not close the gap between swf and solos cuz "you solos have voice coms now, use it 4heads" but I by myself don't want to use it. I want balance without voice coms.

    That's why many (including me) are currently against voice coms.

    @HavelmomDaS1

    I guess the best way to describe it, is that it’s too simple of a fix. It doesn’t really consider a lot of other concerns, nor does it match up to most of DBD’s competitors.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387726#Comment_387726

    @ModernFable

    Yeah. A lot of things about this game could be heavily improved if bE wasn't so stubborn.

    @Saint_Ukraine

    Could be stubbornness, could be money issues. I don’t know, unfortunately there’s not much transparency in that sense.

1 2 ›