Trapper Hindered by New Ranking?
I've had 7 matches now where I zero pip because of chase points. I don't know what it is tonight, but my traps are going off like crazy. I counted 12 traps triggered last match. So, my chase points were quite low, and though I got 9 hooks and 4k, I zero pipped because I had only one chase over 10 seconds.
How is that representative of appropriate ranking?
Comments
Ya as a Trapper main that Chase section always gets me. They need to change it to help us out.
It's been like that for a long time now. I've played at least one match where I trapped 9 guys and only got a bronze chaser, because I didn't engage in any Tom & Jerry chase.
Today I trapped 6 guys, 3k, 24k BP and depipped.
I don't care anymore about rankings, I'm telling you.
@Condorloco_26 Agreed, but with the new ranking, it hurts us more than anything. Our chaser emblem is so low, it brings our score down. Before, it did not much matter, now, we need the emblem points.
@Warlock_2020 yeah I know. But if it's flawed or badly designed, I think there's no point on being brought down about it. What would ranking up in a broken system mean, anyway?
As long as I can keep getting matches and killing 2 - 4 survivors each time, I'm having fun.
Or I'm trying to stay positive, I don't know :/
@Condorloco_26 All good points. Rank has no point to it at all. All I've ever cared about is fun and BP gain. That is why I moved to killer to begin with.
Now, if only I could fix this match making. ARGH!
The problem is the new pip conditions. Requiring that many points to pip basically means you have to play perfect AND survivors do too. If survivors are potatoes and you don't get enough Chaser/Devout then you can't pip even if you body them.
It's just as bad for survivors. If the killer is bad then you can't pip because you don't have enough opportunities to get emblem points. You need to do 3 gens by yourself for iri Lightbringer, which almost never happens. If killer camps you can't get Benevolence.
Red ranks will be a ghost town because nobody will be able to get there.
And I think it's exactly what they're shooting at, one huge fat pool of players stuck on the 5 - 12 ranks every month, so even if there are proportionally fewer killers, survivors will still be able to get faster lobbies than before.
@Warlock_2020 Well I used to care about ranking for a long, long time, going out of my way to reach R1 every month on both sides. Then I realized I don't even get a virtual cookie.
And now this. Time to stop caring, at least for me.
Let's all have fun