Small endgame change idea

What if progress on the exit gates wasn't saved? Similar to totems, if you are interrupted opening a gate, the progress goes back to zero. That would give meaning to killer patrolling the gates and catching someone on the latch.

The only issues I can see with it is Freddy(but he is getting a rework, RIGHT?) and Remember Me would need a change.

Comments

  • I thought this was neat, but instead of a full reset, every red light on the switch would be an indicator of a checkpoint.

    So when you pass 25% exit gate switch progression, the red light turns on as usual and it can't reset below 25% anymore.

    Then the same for 50 & 75%.

  • I would love this change or if there is a skillcheck for each light (a more difficult for each light). Would make end game perks more interesting like wake up/remember me/blood warden.

  • I like @Boss‘s idea. It seems interesting and could work well with a perk like Remember Me. :)

  • @Boss said:

    I thought this was neat, but instead of a full reset, every red light on the switch would be an indicator of a checkpoint.

    So when you pass 25% exit gate switch progression, the red light turns on as usual and it can't reset below 25% anymore.

    Then the same for 50 & 75%.

    Sounds a bit to easy tho, I would give only one checkpoint at 50%

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/370151#Comment_370151

    Sounds a bit to easy tho, I would give only one checkpoint at 50%

    Idk, i just thought of this cause the red lights are useless to Survivors.

    They're only good for Killers to see the gate being opened from far away.

  • if this were the case, gates should be guaranteed to spawn at opposite sides of the map, as I can see this being abused by a high mobility killer just to hold the game hostage

  • @artist said:

    if this were the case, gates should be guaranteed to spawn at opposite sides of the map, as I can see this being abused by a high mobility killer just to hold the game hostage

    That wouldn't be holding the game hostage

  • if you go to the gate to get someone off it at 15 seconds, and it resets completely (the idea of this thread) u dont need to chase. just chainsaw back to the other gate and force someone off it, and keep doing the same thing back and forth. no progress, nothing to be done, thats why I said it can be abused

  • What if progress on the exit gates wasn't saved? Similar to totems, if you are interrupted opening a gate, the progress goes back to zero.

    I feel like this is a fix for a problem nobody really has... The only thing that needs fixing imo is the hatch end game

  • What if progress on the exit gates wasn't saved? Similar to totems, if you are interrupted opening a gate, the progress goes back to zero.

    This has the potential to be impossible to escape from. Sometimes the exit gates spawn along the same wall close enough that a killer could chase survivors off them before either could be opened. This can even be the case on some maps where Nurse/Billy can get to both gates before any single bar could reach full.

    I do think they power up way to fast but these problems would need to be considered in any potential changes.