Punishment for DC: You rank up very very fast
A lot of people DC because they don't want to de-rank or de-rank intentionally. So why not give DC player a big boost upwards. If someone DC they get each time a rank up. I don't mean one or two pips. I mean an actual rank increase. So they will become rank 1 in no time. No worries for them to de-rank, no worries they can bully low rank players.
On top of the up-rank they will lose 50k or 100k blood points.
Sounds good?
Comments
This wouldn't punish toxic rank 1 survivors and killers
An idea:
Survivors will be paired with other Survivors who DC. They’ll be paired with Killers who have DC’d as well. If the Survivor DCs more than is acceptable, they will either be paired with nobody for 24 hours or be outright banned for 24 hours. It would take perhaps 2-3 DCs in a row for the system to start pairing that Survivor/Killer with other Survivors/Killers/Both. If you want the fun ruined for other’s, you’ll be paired with the same people who have the same mentality as you. :)
DCers would be like "Oh LoOk! I GoT To RaNk 1 In LeSs ThAn A Day! I Am A GoD At ThIs GaMe!"
also, red ranks would be flooded with ppl ragequitting.
just make it, so when you DC, you will lose all the points you would have made, 4 pips and can not requeue for a new game, until the last one (where you DCed from) has finished.
@Chaotic_Riddle I really, really like this idea. People who dc on a regular basis need to get banned, but this sounds like something nice for the less severe cases.
Tbh I hate Rank Reset and can't tolerate ...
● camping / Tunneling ..
● left on hook
● unhook next to killer .
● Lagswitching.
● someone else DC
And for me I would continue to disconnect from bad games because it's unfun for me .. even if i end up hitting Rank 20 . And losing all BP and items .
No punishment would stop me from avoiding to play with terrible teammates or a ######### killer who expects to face-camp and then get 4k .
I'll DC whenever stuff of the above happen .. today after Rank reset every killer was a damn camper / tunneler ..
Even if it's not me being camped / tunneled I'll still DC .
Whenever I play as killer I try to chase everyone and hook them equally look at their names besides it won't be unfair to them I'd get maximum blood points out of it .. and majority of the time I get 4k or 3k .. I only ever camp or tunnel SWF groups with 2 or more DS but that won't be a thing with next update .
No, there is a great way to punish DCs.
When you DC, don't lose pips. Losing a pip is not important at all. Ranking up doesn't mean anything since there is no reward for that. A lot of people play this game for bloodpoints.
Instead, if you DC, lose bloodpoints, not only the amount that you earned in that trial but also a -30k. Even if you sit on 0k bloodpoints, make it so that you still lose 30k and in order to earn bloodpoints, you need to pay that back.
This helps more than hurts