Situational lag

I just had a game versus Legion. Green ping in the lobby, game was going smooth at the beginning and suddenly a chase starts and lag went crazy. Jake is downed and lag disappears. Every single chase, lag.

Together with Meg and Claudette we finished the 4th gen inside the chapel. No lag at all. I jumped thru the open window and Legion saw me in the distance and ran towards me. I saw him running to me and suddenly my game froze when I tried to vault a fallen pallet when he was almost on me. Out of nowhere is was hurt. I ran towards the chapel and I rubberbanded like crazy, I lost them for a second, no lag again. He saw me again, lag.

I honestly never want to accuse people of lag switching and I know what laggy games look like yet this game was never laggy until Legion found someone.

Lag switching or nah?

Comments

  • yeah that’s lag switching

  • one of the easiest ways to tell is the connection is fine except when they’re in a chase.

    I mean no delay at all


    there will be some distance then lag right behind you in a chase.

    youre’re at a loop spot or pallet waiting for the vault or drop then lag right there


    lag switcher confirmed.


    bc if their connection was that bad you would of been rubber banding the entire game. Next time grab video evidence when you think it’s a lag switcher and send it in.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I have a similar problem but according to the Killers I face, it works in my favour. The ping seems fine to me in the lobby, but when I’m in-game, I start to lag.

    Most of the time it screws me over because I run into ######### and don’t end up going where I actually intended to. It messes with me even worse in chases. But Killers say I’m speed hacking because apparently I keep teleporting when they’re about to hit me. On my screen it looks like they’re just missing normally though.

    I’ve gotten many reports for this now. Could I be banned just because the game’s lag is messing with me? Do I really look like I’m hacking from the Killer’s perspective?

    Although in the situation of this Killer you’re talking about, that definitely seems like lag switching.

    I’ll usually leave the match when that happens to me as survivor, unless I stay in it just for lulz. It’s due to poor connection if it’s happening all game.

  • @Gorgonia record and report. Not much else to do.

  • It's like this all the time as survivor on PS4. Kinda ironic how it never happens to the others when I'm killer.

  • @George_Soros said:

    @Gorgonia record and report. Not much else to do.

    I recorded it and reported in game but didn’t create the ticket yet