Would it ever be possible to get L4D cosmetics for console?
I know, I know, we will never get Bill because Steam said no, blah blah. And I'm okay with that. It sucks, but it is what it is. However, would it be possible to get the L4D themed survivor cosmetics? I really like them and I loved L4D (still do). It would mean so much to me as a console player to get those skins. The devs pulled through with the Charity Case which they previously said wasn't possible on console. Maybe they can pull through with this? One can only hope right?
Comments
Unfortunately no if it has anything to do with with L4D and therefore Valve it won't come to consoles sorry. The charity case thing is completely different it's something that was in the devs control to try and make happen but L4D cosmetics is all up to valve who are pretty much a competitor to console gaming at this point and therefore very unlikely suddenly going to allow putting him in console versions of the game.
@Petraaahh Thanks for the comment, but the Charity Case wasn't in their control at all. They originally couldn't do it because Sony and Microsoft wanted a cut out of it and said no. But apparently things changed. Nothings impossible. I'm hopeful.
I don't even want Bill because my OCD wouldn't like the idea of having an unbalanced number of Survivors and Killers lol.
It's down to Valve in reality, never say never but it is highly doubtful.
I mean seeing as L4D is playable on Xbox I don’t see why not.
@ProfoundEnding ah fair enough my meaning was just really that at least with the charity case it's their own intellectual property whereas bill belongs to valve and valve have at least a slight vested interest in keeping bill PC only... But who knows honestly maybe one day if valve just say eh we don't care any longer.. buuuuut it's on the low side of doubtful.
When L4D came out valve were just a video game developer then they made steam it became huge and is seen as the PC console competitor so they now have a vested interest in not doing/giving anything to consoles.
Not gonna happen, the license is steam exclusive and I doubt that GabeN has become friends with sony recently =)
The issue with this is, the comparison is valid. The only reason the charity case made it to console was because that it was for charity, and was meant to donate to Brain & Behavior Research Foundation, which meant that it was only for charity, and all of the items within that case are original. However, when talking of L4D, that is Valve’s property; and if they don’t wish for Bill to be out on console, with the cosmetics, so be it. Not to mention the fact that the red hand cosmetics that Claudette or Dwight (I think), would not be able to be received since it requires the cloud database, and most games (especially in the context of Xbox), do not have L4D readily available for purchase in the Xbox1 store, making the user have to go to an entire other database for it. The cosmetics are too little (especially since they’re for only four survivors) and since there’s no other killer, there’s no point in all the effort for something so minimal. The main focus of Console should be optimization, and making sure DLC comes out on time (which has been relatively good, however, UK has had some trouble), and it should be taken as more of a “want” rather than a “need”— with the addition of how touchy Microsoft and Sony are in terms of updates, more often than not, this matter should be left unattended. You may feel that you’re disadvantaged because you’re on Console in terms of cosmetics, however, that’s just what they are— cosmetics. No importance to gameplay whatsoever.