Monsterous Shrine? or not so Monsterous?
I think Perk reworks or Perworks ….ok ok i'll move on...
So yeah, perks are being discussed a lot lately, what perks would you like to see reworked and how. For me it'd be Monsterous Shrine and I would do something like put the survivor automatically into struggle phase (phase 2) - I still think its one of the most pointless ones
Comments
That'd make it broken.
How bout make it to where it affects all hooks and increases the amount it works on basement hook
That could work - or what if it alerted the killer if someone was opening a chest?
@orion I think it'd make for risky plays and some more strategy.
I think it'd be broken. Run a basement build and you're set.
@orion That's fair enough - how would you? Would you? improve the perk?
Honestly I would make the perk cause the sacrifice to progress slower than normal.
The basement staircase is a great big choke point making saves difficult. By having basement hooks take longer you increase the odds that other survivors will turn up for a save. Thus it increases the odds that your one basement hook might turn into a 2 or 3 basement hooks.
@Peasant That is a really good idea, I like that a lot
That's the reverse of what we've seen happen with slowed sacrifices. They take away pressure.
I opened a thread some time ago on the subject. IIRC, I suggested that they just upped the numbers a bit. 15% of 2 minutes is 18 seconds. It's basically nothing. Alternatively, it could increase progression the further away the killer was from the basement and stop progression altogether within that radius. Naturally, it'd only take effect after a certain radius to prevent abuse and would not be active if the killer was in a chase.
@Hoodedfengm1n Funny enough I had an idea exactly like this. Unfortunately it got buried under every other post.
@orion Sorry to hear if its a repeat post dude - I like your idea though thanks for sharing.
@shad03 I don't believe you, stop making thing sup - I jest - it would be a good idea to switch the mindset of trying to end things quickly and slowing the game down like the devs want
I've been here long enough to see every idea more than once. Believe me, it's fine.
I would love to see monstrous shrine being changed into something related to killers' addons.
If there were not boosted addons like prayer beads (we know it has 1k counters thank you), insta hatchets etc. it could be changed into something that could protect your addons and even give you more of them. I don't see this change happening though.
I see this suggestion a lot but it would basically make it a campers dream.
I'd like to see getting a hook impaled through your torso to actually leave an effect, so i'd probably suggest that any hook will make a Survivor get the Broken Status Effect for a while.
@Boss I actually had this suggestion in my Monstrous Shrine Buff. Hmmnn.
Maybe it could give a blood point boost like bbq and chilli? Instead of for each different person hooked it gave that BP boost for each sacrifice. Have it where it didn't matter if it was the basement or not.
Make it so that the shrine is nearly pitch black for survivors - maybe 1m visibility.
I'd have each tier prevent a broken hook. So at tier three, no hook is broken by sacrificeing a survivor. Furthermore, each tier has a built in oak offering effect, moving hooks closer together.
Monsterous Shrine is more useful then what content creators like to give it credit for.
If you are playing a basementing build (ie My setup on hag: Monsterous Shrine, Agitation, iron Grasp, Territorial Imperative) MS is your game pacer. It speeds up the survivors hooked timer, which makes it harder to gen rush and save your friend. Now they have to get off their gens and save or they will be down a man before they rush all the gens.
Plus, that 4% happens more reliably then you would think. Especially if you've put a whole team down. If 4 people are trying to kobe, someone usualy does. if you have them on your basement hooks, this mitigates that.
In short: it's useful when playing a certain way. I'de be more willing to remove TI from my basement build, then MS. But it would be nice if the numbers were buffed a bit, since the new meta is perks that help them rush faster (prove thyself being the main but there are other builds floating out there)
some great ideas on here, I like the one which stops hooks in the map from breaking...I think that'd be really cool and the one that leaves the broken effect