I seriously don’t get the appeal of Whispers
Every time I use it, I feel like it makes me waste time and there’s other perks that are more reliable. It would be one thing if Whispers got louder the closer to a survivor, or if the range was smaller, or if it didn’t work on a hooked survivor but it doesn’t. I feel like it’s only purpose is to tell you “you’re in the right place!” but you can tell that by seeing a gen was worked on or if there’s track marks.
Everyone praises Whispers and I don’t get it.
Comments
It's only really good when there's one or two survivors left, IMO.
Whispers works like a radar. It tells you were to check and where not to go, the rest is up to you and your game sense.
Basically, saves a fuckton of time.
I can see why people use whispers, but against some really stealthy survivors it's going to waste a lot of time trying to find them. Whispers has basically 2 benefits: knowing where a survivors NOT is and finding the last survivors. That's it. I replaced whispers with discordance, much more useful for me.
I think it is a good perk but there are way better perks that can change the fate of the match. I put them in a box where I put the majority of the perks, good but not good enough to compete with other perks.
I used it once after months of playing this game without ever using it...heard people say they love it for early Survivor finds or at the endgame....tried it once and immediately hated it...I personally find it rubbish and won't use it...especially with all the other tracking Perks available
I think now Spies of the shadow is a good replace for Whislerers
Whispers works best for finding survivors at the very start of the match so you don't have to travel around the map checking generators that people are hiding nearby, and yet you know you don't have time to check every hiding spot. With Whispers, good killers like Huntress can get someone on a hook in the first minute.
The perk is more useful for knowing where the survivors aren't, thus saving the killer lots of time. You can also use Whispers to prevent a hatch escape, but that's just a bonus. 90% of the perk's value comes from the first minute of the game.
It's useless to me.
Whispers can tell you when to search and, with a little thinking, can help you triangulate a single survivor's position (though this is only possible under very rare circumstances).
I just ran Spies From The Shadows until i didn't need it anymore.
After that, my only problem was finding a Generator that's being worked on after hooking someone.
I mean, i guess it's kinda good for finding the last Survivor, but that's just not worth a slot to me, same as i prefer not to run endgame Perks.
Whispers is a zoning perk. You want to use it to "zone out" survivors by walking around to see when it lights up/goes dark. You can use it to narrow down "survivors are in this structure" or "they are on this side of the map" which both saves you time and lets you focus on the important stuff (eg. if there are no gens left on that side of the map then you can be sure those survivors aren't doing anything important and therefore you don't need to chase them). This is beside the uses for finding the first/last survivors and for proxy checking gens/totems/gates (where you move towards an object to be sure if survivors are there or not).
The biggest use in Whispers is when it goes dark, because that means survivors are NOT around. This can save you a lot of time by knowing that you don't have to check certain areas of the map. It's useful for killers like Trapper/Hag as you are basically free to place traps without being seen if Whispers is dark. It's useful for stealth killers because it let's you enter stealth without being seen (eg. Pig can start crouch and you know no one will see you).
You can't use Whispers like other tracking perks. It's not Spies or BBQ. It won't tell you exactly where a survivor is. It just tells you that "survivor is close". Again it's for zoning, which is a really hard thing to learn but a super effective way to control survivor's movements.
I honestly never learned how to use it correctly and I consider it a waste of a perk slot. At the same level of Hex: Ruin. Perks I used less than 10 times total, ever.