Why is the Huntress strong?

Hello, all. Let me start by saying that I am by no means a pro huntress; however, I play her somewhat and I do not see why she is considered to be a great killer. On most maps, it is very difficult to even attempt a shot due to the map layout (walls, tires, etc...). Even with loops, I feel as if the time used playing mind games with the hatchet and pallets could easily be substituted for a higher movement speed. I am curious as to what you all think.

Comments

  • Platform you're playing on?

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Platform you're playing on?

    PS4. I know it is generally considered harder to aim, but accuracy is not really the issue imo. There just don't seem to be many opportunities to take shots because of map layouts.

  • Console is way harder for Huntress, that's why I'm asking.

    I'm on PS4, and I can tell you I had to "invest" (or waste, however you see it) around 200 hrs on her to start getting good and confident in my throws. At around 300 you'll be able to handle most matches at R1 with her.

    So it's a matter of a lot of practice, and map knowledge, meaning knowing where can you throw over loops and where not to.

  • I set controller sensitivity at 50% (as opposed to 100% with everyone else), and it lets me aim a lot better. Try to find yours

  • Many times you have to start charging your throw even without a clear line of sight, just anticipating where the survivor is going to. Examples are the killer's shack, jungle gyms, inside buildings.

    Melee hatchets are the first thing you must master, since the cooldown is less severe. That way you'll down people a lot faster.

    Then the obvious throws are windows and pallets.

    And for sure, don't chase without hatchets unless you're sure you're going to down someone with R2.

  • And yeah, Haddonfield sucks for her.

    Sorry for making a lot of posts, I just typed as ideas popped up.

  • Well, she hunted bears, deers and humans for fun, no wonder she is so damn strong

  • Just watch a good huntress player like Umbra_bug, Scott Jund or Zubat and you'll see why.. She has her weaknesses but when you see them get cross map snipes on hook saves and just drop multiple survivors in seconds you'll know why she's top tier. She definitely has a high skill ceiling though and console might be harder to hit people but not that much harder.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    And yeah, Haddonfield sucks for her.

    Sorry for making a lot of posts, I just typed as ideas popped up.

    Haddonfield AND Lerys are just awful for her.

    On Xbox there are a handful of really good Huntress players that almost never miss. I used to be really good with her, but since Spirit came around I haven't played her much if at all (maybe for a daily here and there).

  • You can use mouse and keyboard.

  • Well, her ability is strong, hitting someone from afar and stuff.

    But theres still enough stuff in the game making it artificially harder to be good with her.

    Most of those come down to problems with hitboxes. Most debris has boxes higher than the actual model, check the vans for example, and survivor limbs might go outside of their hitbox too.