Will There EVER be a Reason to Reach Rank 1?

Ranking up has no reason to be in the game. All it does is do a really piss poor job at separating good players from bad players, puts you in more sweaty af matches, and you aren't even rewarded for reaching rank 1 (Besides the achievement but not many people care about those)

And now from what I've seen on the PTB, it is even Harder to rank up, and STILL no reason to rank up. Now that it is much harder to rank up there needs to be something that makes us want to rank up. Given the current ranking system in the PTB, people are not going to want to waste the time and effort for nothing in return.

WE. NEED. A. REASON!

Comments

  • "I thought pipping and red ranks are all that matters?" - Every noob Survivor/Killer

  • Yes, once for the achievment

  • @Master Did you only read the title? Because I mentioned the achievement at the end of the first paragraph.

  • Nah.. Prob not... At least nothing good.

    Problem is as I see it... Once you offer good rewards and put in a hard ranking system... People get together to game the system.

    Maybe they'll come out with rewards with the release of these changes... and you'll see new unwritten rules made for red ranks.. play in a certain way.. and everyone wins.

  • @BigBadPiggy said:

    @Master Did you only read the title? Because I mentioned the achievement at the end of the first paragraph.

    Yeah and there is no other reason sadly.

    BHVR promised us changes for 2018, but..... well

  • This content has been removed.
  • I believe the devs have something up their sleeves. It would be the perfect time to introduce rewards for red ranks since it is even more of a challenge to get to it.

    Purple ranks is basically the old red ranks.

    This will honestly feel more of a challenge then constantly ranking up so fast and then barely getting a match.

    And with this system everyone will be able to get a match faster.

    401B88C4-0B31-4819-A8DC-A04D953C441B.png


  • The ranking has always been about just getting the achievement if you wanted it, once you get that what is the point anymore.

    The rank system as it is is broken and now even more so by making it harder all it does is makes it easier for those who wish to derank to not pip.

    I would rather they seperated the rank system from match making entirely and left ranking as it currently is for those that wish to do it each month.

  • @Iceman said:

    I believe the devs have something up their sleeves. It would be the perfect time to introduce rewards for red ranks since it is even more of a challenge to get to it.

    Purple ranks is basically the old red ranks.

    This will honestly feel more of a challenge then constantly ranking up so fast and then barely getting a match.

    And with this system everyone will be able to get a match faster.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/334/3EM0R7OBIKID.png

    For me killer is easier to get to red ranks [Since you can double pip each game if you do well or fair] while most survivor games are just 1 pip since double piping as survivor means you had to do everything lmao.

  • There need to be rewards at the end of each season (rank reset).

    Something like a million bloodpoints at the end of each season for those who reached rank 1. Or half a million for purple ranks, quarter of a million for green etc. This alone would give you something to look forward to.

    Currently rank reset does nothing.

    But to answer your question: yes.

    It seperates good and bad players, it does it in a bad way but it does.

    You'll see far less bad players in rank 1 than rank 10-15.

  • If they add the new scoring system from the ptb red ranks will be impossible to achieve

  • I dont understand why they changed the pip conditions so heavily in the PTB. I can understand moving the pip further at higher ranks but the changes they did to the emblem requirements are just way to steep. Couple this with rank meaning nothing and killers that are really good at killing but dont give a ######### about rank and you are going to have highly skilled killers wailing on noobies because the rank system only rewards a select type of play. If this patch goes live between the awful changes to the rank system and double pallet jungle gyms being back this is going to be a step backwards for DBD and make it more toxic and cancerous.

  • One thing about the Ranking system is that if you play enough you will eventually get to Rank 1 because of experience. That's all the Red Ranks represent, experience. It's not something to accomplish it's something that happens through time, I have not gotten to the Red Ranks yet I've only gotten to 8 but despite everything I just said lol I don't want to play with uber experienced players where it's not fun anymore.