Do we as a community complain too much?
I've had matches as a survivor where we've fixed all gens ridiculously fast and everybody escaped with the killer not downing a single person. On the flip side of this, I've had matches against hex ruin where 2 people are dead and not a single generator has been fixed and it's just me left with a random player and hex ruin still standing. To point being that some matches you win and some matches you don't. It can depend on a variety of factors and I just feel like people are too quick to demand that things get nerfed or buffed, when it isn't necessary.
I understand that being gen rushed can be annoying as a killer, but it can also be countered. Just like hex ruin is annoying as a survivor but it can be cleansed. I think some people blame the game for their own mistakes and it just shouldn't be that way.
Survivors aren't supposed to just jump onto hooks for you and killers aren't supposed to just stand there and watch you repair gens. The whole point of being a survivor is to SURVIVE and the whole point of being a killer is to KILL. It's simple. I've had so many messages on PSN from salty people when I've done nothing wrong except play the game as it was intended. I play altruistic as a survivor and I play fair as a killer. Yet that isn't enough for some people as they will find a way to blame somebody else for their own mistakes.
I just see so many people online (mainly Twitter) demanding things to get fixed. But why fix things that aren't even broken to begin with? - I personally find this game really fun and super addictive and I play it a lot as I enjoy it. It can be a frustrating game, depending on who you find in your lobby, but that's also a part of the fun. The not knowing if your team is going to destroy the killer or be destroyed keeps things fresh. I like the unpredictability.
So to sum up, do you think we complain too much? Or do you find the complaints justified?
Comments
Both.
Sometimes people are worried about something that does seem bad, but then they open 20 threads about it.
I do agree with you on that it is killers' job to prevent gen rush. That is the difficult part of being killer. Any killer will get 4k with 20 min games. They don't even need to be good, just press w and waste pallets, and then start to get downs when no pallet is left.
Stating that, current gen rush is too powerful and killers are forced to use hex ruin in order to apply pressure. You just can not ignore this fact.
This is not a git gud problem. The best killers in DbD, be it zubat, scott, umbra, marth etc. feel enough pressure to use ruin on the majority of their killers (zubat for example doesn't use ruin for his billy and nurse)
Killers should not feel like they are forced to use ruin, there should be an additional object that will replace ruin and will be more reliable than ruin. After that, they can even nerf ruin, I really don't care.
I am of the opinion that people complain too much. However sometimes being a vocal complainer is justified, it all depends if the complaint can be seen as something that is needed (Trapper, Hag, Wraith, Spirit, Clown, Fre- Oh wait. [Being a majority killer player I cannot completely point out what I think survivors need. I do wish they weren't just skins though]).
Then you have those that just don't know when to shut it (DS (killers), NoEd (survivors), Gens (killers), Hexes (survivors), that, or they ask for blatantly biased buffs for whatever side they are). These are the people who should not be paid much mind too.
You have to realize though, that when people complain it means they feel strongly for a game and want to see it improved. Some people (whom I cannot name at the moment since there could be disagreement) actually have valid arguments on either side of the spectrum, and those people should be considered.
We do complain, but the game would've been far worse if we just stood there and took it sometimes.
Of course we do. The majority of posts here are complaints in some form or another. Honestly from an outsider's perspective you'd wonder how the game still has a player base with all the moaning that goes on.
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH
I had no shoes and complained, until I met a man who had no feet.
It can be a good thing.
Feedback is always feedback regardless of how harsh, but people fail to realize that there’s multiple standings on everything, and refuse to account for other views.
But do consider, the devs are people:
They work on it. What I see on here ALOT especially a certain someone, ping the devs way too much, and try to push for a change that the company themselves should make. Not to say there haven’t been good examples of this, but overall it can be a lot; sifting through all the feedback, which is why surveys are much easier.
@watery I think issue is its hardly ever productive its all
a) OMG STOP CAMPING CRY
b) OMG STOP TUNNELING CRY
c) HATCH?WHAT OMG
d) THIS PERK IS OP CRY
I don't find many whiny ass threads productive - ever
I can defenitely agree with most of this, however, once a 2nd objective is added, what happens to the killers that already dont need ruin? they're just unstoppable monsters at that point. this is where balancing survivor objectives becomes a problem, and why i think its been so long with out a 2nd objective