Destructoid's review of XB1 Dead by Daylight - 2.5/10

This is the precise moment where I stopped placing any value on review scores whatsoever:


If you haven't been living under a rock the last year, you've probably heard of this asymmetrical multiplayer horror title, thanks to every YouTuber and Twitch streamer on the planet screaming over it.  If you have, you probably think ...

I had the game on pre-order at the time and PS4 reviews were virtually non-existent. The PC reviews were all out of date by this time as well.

Nearly cancelled my pre-order with Amazon but so glad I didn't or I would have missed this great game (although admittedly I would have got it free with PS+ some months later...).

500 hours later its now one of my favourite and most played games ever.

Comments

  • Even with its flaws, Dead By Daylight is probably one of my all time favorite games...Ever.

  • Damn, he must have got hit by DS in his first game.

  • I like the conclusion 'The desperate or the gullible may find a glimmer of fun hidden somewhere in the pit.'

    That's as harsh as any review Ive read of anything.

  • It's cool at Destructoid to hate anything that isn't completely niche and been farted out of some meme loving kids ass. They have not and never will change

  • This is the precise moment where I stopped placing any value on review scores whatsoever:

    Stuff like thsi happens when you review a game after only playing a few hours and dont understanding it.

  • A bunch of people skewer him in the comments, deservedly so. There is an exchange between a user named icromaholic and the reviewer with a deleted comment. I actually remember reading those comments and the reviewer had said something like "you don't have to be a chef to know when you get served a pile of ######### for dinner." After getting called out for being unprofessional he deleted his comment without an apology.

  • Who the hell cares, buddy. Videogame "journalism". Read those two words slowly, with a straight face.

    In our day and age, the reviews of hundreds (even thousands) of players will weigh a lot more than any media outlet every single time. People that have been playing games for years and even decades have a richer perspective than some cool kid pretending to be a game critic.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Who the hell cares, buddy. Videogame "journalism". Read those two words slowly, with a straight face.

    In our day and age, the reviews of hundreds (even thousands) of players will weigh a lot more than any media outlet every single time. People that have been playing games for years and even decades have a richer perspective than some cool kid pretending to be a game critic.

    Hehe this is exactly how I feel and why I play games I like...not what others say i should like or not like. Thats why I'm glad I didn't listen to all the hate for that Anthem game because its alot of fun.

  • LOL just read it. The author of that review sounds like a cry baby rank 20 pleb that needs to git gud.