What if toolboxes ONLY applied to sabo?

And furthermore, what if damaged gens regressed 5% and the gen repairs at a slower rate for a brief time (say 20% slower for 10 seconds) and requires survivors to enter the repair animation for that duration to “cure” it?

No more gen rushing or gen rushing via tapping mid chase.

Toolboxes would probably have to be readjusted so that a purple can’t just delete every hook, but I think making toolboxes only apply to hooks will be healthier overall. Hangman’s trick could also become meta but not totally necessary like Franklin’s against 2 boxes or 3 or more items.

Comments

  • I’m just gonna warn ya right now, Chief...Survivors are about to come storming in here.

  • That would make the toolbox useless because sabotaging hooks is rarely worth it anymore. What about us solo players?

  • @TheRealDweard said:

    That would make the tool box useless because sabotaging hooks is rarely worth it anymore. What about us solo players?

    What about killers who lose 2 gens before they can even check a gen halfway from their starting point?

    With certain add ons, like say BNP, maybe hooks regen significantly slower or they ensure the hook breaks upon an unhooking - like built in breakdown. Maybe with this change, sabos are quicker.

    I don’t use any items as a solo survivor and I get gens done fine.

  • @Chaotic_Riddle With all respect, that's killers' job. At least in this forum, survivors don't behave in that way.

    Toolboxes only applying to hooks is going to make them useless. I don't think devs will do anything like this tbh so I don't even want to discuss about this. Others might give you enough reasons though.

    There should be an animation for survivors to stop regressing a generator, it is stupid that you take your time to kick a generator and survivors can stop regressing with a tap.

    Slower repair after a kick is kind of a bad idea and I just can't see any reasoning with this.

    'No more gen rushing or gen rushing via tapping mid chase.'

    Gen rush doesn't happen with toolboxes, they only help. This is not going to make things better, it will just annoy survivors, barely benefit killers, and make devs think that they got rid of gen rush. Survivors can use this to argue that gen rush doesn't exist because of the toolbox nerf so you will give them arbitrary ammo just like killers got with useless I frames for survivors.

    Also I don't use any addons for my billy, hag, spirit, huntress and I do just fine. Lets make them useless? No it doesn't work like that.

  • Survivors will use more flashlights and medkits then, simple is that

  • What if flashlight only worked on generators.

  • I'm a survivor mainly but I also play killer and understand how you feel. this is pretty interesting but honestly it doesnt make sense.

    It would be better if only 1 toolbox provided a repair speed bonus instead of multiple. So people trying to genrush would be slowed down, only having 1 toolbox getting value.

  • Didn't read the purposed emblem changes?.... They gonna push the gen rushers to the lower ranks and keep the high ranks free from them. :) gl.