Q&A: On Tinkerer...
With the Tinkerer change, I feel like it might be too extreme (In a bad way) - the new description feels like a totally new perk!
In case people haven't watched it: "When a Gen is at 90%, you are told which Gen it is, and you're terror radius is reduced to for 4/6/8 seconds." What does everyone think?
On another note, I really appreciate you guys going over all the perks and the changes, it really gives me hope that you're working towards a better game! Keep up the work!
Comments
90% may be a bit too little time to react to it. If it was lower (maybe 75 or 80?) i could see me using it on billy with Pop goes the Weasel.
Seem like it should be what surveillance should have done.
Also the name tinkerer doesn't go with what the perk will be doing.
I think the idea is that the Survivors are Tinkering with the Killers stuff. Still, I probs won't use Tinkerer on any other killer but Billy and maybe Nurse after this
What I'm wondering is if the notification sound is the same as a failed skillcheck sound. Because if it is, there's nothing to let the killer know that the gen is at 90%, and their terror radius is currently at 0. Instead of the perk being "HEY GET OVER THERE" it's "Hey someone's working on a gen over there".
Tinkerer will be garbage tier if this change goes through. Honestly they should just keep it as it is and just not support it for new killers. Its an important part of Billy Willies load out.
Are they increasing the base charge time values for the charge speed addons to compensate for the loss of tinkerer? I am only half way through the QA vid.
Then i am fine with the changes to tinkerer. Faster base charge speed without having to use a perk slot up is always a good thing and you dont need to be so passive aggressive. I might have just missed it accidentally.
I love tinkerer as it is now. I hope they won't really change it.
According to @SaltyKiller to compensate for tinkerers changes they are increasing the base values for charge speed addons. So really you are getting the current tinkerer more or less just without the perk slot.
Not sure about the current idea though. Doesn't seem like enough info or benefit to be of any use for anyone besides Nurse or Billy.
@SadonicShadow Yes, they are. But if they weren't, I think most of killers would complain a LOT.
@SaltyKiller What is your problem, sir?
Yes if they were not giving us an increase in base charge times with the addons to compensate i would feel kind of salty because i really like using tinkerer for that extra boost. Its like a brutal strength built into a chainsaw.
@SadonicShadow Same here. I use Tinkerer with a lot of killers (Trapper, Hag, Billy, Huntress, Myers)
I agree. You have at max 8 seconds to reach the gen before it's finished, and for most killers it's not enough to allow them to reach the gen in time to stop survivors from completing it.
What I also don't like of this perk idea is it's controllability. You never knew what you are doing, and when the perk might trigger. How much use it the notification and the terror radius reduction, if I'm a big fat clown, getting looped around a car on Autohaven? Or, if you are just caring a survivor towards a hook? It's quite a situation perk and a gamble, that's not really worth to take as a killer.
Your font color gives me eye cancer.
The Perk will most likely light up when active, similar to Blood Warden and Whispers.
Try Me. :P