Will rank reset change now?

The new emblem system is designed to address the currently ineffective ranking system.

Now that pips are only being distributed to the very best games, will we now see the end of the monthly rank reset? If it remains as it is, hardly anyone will get to rank 1 in a month and ranks 10-15 will be full of former rank 1s even at the end of the month.

The ideal scenario is to seperate the best players from the worst and to ensure that most games contain people of roughly the same ability. I beleive the continuation of monthly reset will prevent that from happening.

Comments

  • Nah.. and the rank reset is gonna be even more of a ######### show.. can't wait till that happens this month.. I hope they get those changes in before it happens.

    And ... The higher you go.. the less people.. so good luck in match making :)

  • I think this is the first step to some larger change with ranking. I will just play and try to have fun and what happens happens. As long as I keep earning BP I will be happy.

  • @TheBean said:

    Nah.. and the rank reset is gonna be even more of a ######### show.. can't wait till that happens this month.. I hope they get those changes in before it happens.

    And ... The higher you go.. the less people.. so good luck in match making :)

    The new matchmaking system seems to be matching people from a wider range of ranks. I wonder if they are experimenting with what to do if there is nobody available at your rank.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353110#Comment_353110

    The new matchmaking system seems to be matching people from a wider range of ranks. I wonder if they are experimenting with what to do if there is nobody available at your rank.

    You mean like plugging rank 1 survivors with rank 15 killers the way they have it now? Because that’s super fun for that killer.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353110#Comment_353110

    The new matchmaking system seems to be matching people from a wider range of ranks. I wonder if they are experimenting with what to do if there is nobody available at your rank.

    Which completely defeats the purpose of making those changes. If you make it harder for people to rank up.. then open up match making to look at a wider range, then the system is already broken.