Why buff BBQ?

It's already a strong perk, why does every Tier need to have the 40 meter aura reveal?

Comments

  • @Master said:

    BBQ wasnt buffed, tier 3 is the exactly the same as before and only tier 3 matters (unless you are a deranking bullying SWF )

    I don't think something has to affect all tiers to be considered a buff. I would classify tiers 1 and 2 of BBQ now buffed. Not saying they're OP, or that they need a nerf, just that they got buffed.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353588#Comment_353588

    I don't think something has to affect all tiers to be considered a buff. I would classify tiers 1 and 2 of BBQ now buffed. Not saying they're OP, or that they need a nerf, just that they got buffed.

    If the perk overall is the same, then this is just a QoL change.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353588#Comment_353588

    I don't think something has to affect all tiers to be considered a buff. I would classify tiers 1 and 2 of BBQ now buffed. Not saying they're OP, or that they need a nerf, just that they got buffed.

    Which doesnt matter unless your intention is to bully beginner killers =)

  • @GrootDude said:

    Ok think about like this. Kindred is amazing for solo and they buffed a already amazing perk, lithe activates outside chase marking stealth easier if you use q&q and DWM with it. Let killer have their BBQ and ruin buffs. (Yes I know those perks aren’t considered close in how good they are, but I find the survivor perks and killer perks I listed amazing.)

    I know some survivor perks got buffs too, the Kindred buff for example has a similar "problem" to BBQ. There's not enough of a difference between Tiers now to make Tiers matter much at all.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353556#Comment_353556

    I know some survivor perks got buffs too, the Kindred buff for example has a similar "problem" to BBQ. There's not enough of a difference between Tiers now to make Tiers matter much at all.

    I'd rather have tiers matter a little bit than some tiers just being worthless.


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352675#Comment_352675

    Because tiers only become relevant if the main effect is present on all tiers. What would be the point of SC 1 and 2 if only SC 3 allowed you to heal yourself?

    I could see your comparison if the convo was about NOED, before all tiers got the insta down. NOED 1 and 2 before the change were absolute garbage. But BBQ was still functional at all Tiers, maybe not as great at the lower tiers but still a valid and even meta perk.

    A better comparison I feel would be when SC 1 had 30%, SC 2 had 40%, and SC 3 had 50% normal healing speed. People still used Self Care then. Now it's 50% for every tier, which means why bother grinding for SC 3 unless you really want that medkit buff (which is not what most people want SC for)?

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354829#Comment_354829

    Which doesnt matter unless your intention is to bully beginner killers =)

    Did I say I wanted to bully beginner killers anywhere? At all?

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/352676#Comment_352676

    I could see your comparison if the convo was about NOED, before all tiers got the insta down. NOED 1 and 2 before the change were absolute garbage. But BBQ was still functional at all Tiers, maybe not as great at the lower tiers but still a valid and even meta perk.

    A better comparison I feel would be when SC 1 had 30%, SC 2 had 40%, and SC 3 had 50% normal healing speed. People still used Self Care then. Now it's 50% for every tier, which means why bother grinding for SC 3 unless you really want that medkit buff (which is not what most people want SC for)?

    The comparison is valid regardless. My point is, having a perk's main functionality only available at tier 3 made all other tiers worthless. Right now, we have the perks' main purposes available at all tiers, with slight improvements on the perks' "side effects" in other tiers.

    BBQ was hot garbage at tier 1. The radius was so big, a survivor would have to be standing still until you got there for you to actually benefit from the perk's main use.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354832#Comment_354832

    Did I say I wanted to bully beginner killers anywhere? At all?

    Well, you are complaining about a change that only benefits newbies, so there's cause for believing that.

  • You call this a Buff? Smh.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354874#Comment_354874

    The comparison is valid regardless. My point is, having a perk's main functionality only available at tier 3 made all other tiers worthless. Right now, we have the perks' main purposes available at all tiers, with slight improvements on the perks' "side effects" in other tiers.

    BBQ was hot garbage at tier 1. The radius was so big, a survivor would have to be standing still until you got there for you to actually benefit from the perk's main use.

    But BBQ's main functionality wasn't only at Tier 3. Every Tier had Aura reading (for the same amount of time), every Tier had a BP bonus. They were just better at higher tiers. Which is the point of Tiers. Higher Tier = better.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354881#Comment_354881

    But BBQ's main functionality wasn't only at Tier 3. Every Tier had Aura reading (for the same amount of time), every Tier had a BP bonus. They were just better at higher tiers. Which is the point of Tiers. Higher Tier = better.

    I literally mentioned the radius being the reason for the perk being useless at tiers I and II.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354894#Comment_354894

    I literally mentioned the radius being the reason for the perk being useless at tiers I and II.

    "My point is, having a perk's main functionality only available at tier 3 made all other tiers worthless."

    My argument is it's main functionality wasn't only available at Tier 3, every tier had the same abilities, just a lesser version of them. Which is the function of Tiers.

    You're the one who keeps saying BBQ is useless at Tier 1 and 2, I disagree. I agree Tier 3 is better, but of course it's better, it's Tier 3.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354832#Comment_354832

    Did I say I wanted to bully beginner killers anywhere? At all?

    Then the tier 1 and tier 2 version are irrelevant and we can end this discussion

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354900#Comment_354900

    "My point is, having a perk's main functionality only available at tier 3 made all other tiers worthless."

    My argument is it's main functionality wasn't only available at Tier 3, every tier had the same abilities, just a lesser version of them. Which is the function of Tiers.

    You're the one who keeps saying BBQ is useless at Tier 1 and 2, I disagree. I agree Tier 3 is better, but of course it's better, it's Tier 3.

    Tier 3 is not only "better", it's the only tier of the perk worth using. That makes the tier system pointless, which is what you claim to want to avoid.

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354879#Comment_354879

    Then the tier 1 and tier 2 version are irrelevant and we can end this discussion

    I mean, that's your opinion.

  • Are you saying that people who have grinded a lot don't have BBQ at tier 3?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354906#Comment_354906

    Tier 3 is not only "better", it's the only tier of the perk worth using. That makes the tier system pointless, which is what you claim to want to avoid.

    If they're going to keep changing perks like this then yes either do away with tiers or actually make things y'know, Tier. (Honestly if they do away with Tiers maybe they'll have more time to focus on tweaking other perks to make them viable)

    My main point in starting this thread is I honestly didn't see why BBQ needed to be changed (buffed) at all. In this thread are the first instances I've heard of Tier 1 and 2 BBQ being called garbage. And that this is a QOL change that was sorely needed.

    For the longest time BBQ was fine as is, didn't need tweaking and was balanced. I never saw anything that said that only Tier 3 was the one that was balanced. So I'm just so freaking confused why this was even needed. There are so many other perks that need changes more desperately than BBQ to make them even viable. So yeah. Why was BBQ buffed?

    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/354914#Comment_354914

    Are you saying that people who have grinded a lot don't have BBQ at tier 3?

    Depending on RNG and how many perks they have they might not. My Kate is P3 Lvl 50, have leveled her maybe 10 or 12 bloodwebs past that. Still don't have Self-Care 1.

    It's possible you could grind for ten or twenty bloodwebs and not get the next Tier (or even the first) of the perk you want for who knows how long.

  • The perk's power has not been changed. Tier 3 (the highest grade) remains the same. This is a QoL change, by definition. No amount of rhetoric is going to change that. End of story.

  • If the stats at T3 haven't been changed then it is not a nerf or buff as at peak preformance it hasn't changed, therein it is a QoL change.

  • Remember when Selfcare was buffed to 50% on all tiers?

  • Why are you not running Distortion?

    Easiest Counter to BBQ, along with lockers. You have very strong tools now.

    I started playing a couple hours here and there again over the past few weeks. Nobody uses Distortion? It’s probably one of the best perks in this game..

1 2 ›