Survivor on the hook fakes escape

When a survivor is on the hook and he/she fakes an escape could this mean something? I mean especially in a non swf group it could mean „come safe me, killer is not here“ is this already an existing thing/strategy? Non swf survivors could use it to talk to each other! What do you think?

Comments

  • It means "the killer is nearby" and has been a thing since the game was released.

  • It means save me or I'm suiciding.

  • @Orion said:

    It means "the killer is nearby" and has been a thing since the game was released.

    I have seen people use it in a way of saying the killer is no longer there. I think people use it in different ways. Some people probably just do it because they're bored.

  • I use it as saying "the killer is nearby, dont save, do gens" most other survivors use it like this

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/349043#Comment_349043

    I have seen people use it in a way of saying the killer is no longer there. I think people use it in different ways. Some people probably just do it because they're bored.

    It always meant "the killer is nearby", but in retrospect, it does appear to signal the opposite.

  • Yeah survivor main here it’s the killer is camping /proxy camping leave me here #dogens


    i have came across strange survivors doing it though when the killer isn’t even near.

  • It has always meant the killer is camping don't save since the games release.

    Unfortunately some tried to change it to come save me so it has lost a lot of its meaning.

    Personally if see someone doing it I will stay on the gen.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    It has always meant the killer is camping don't save since the games release.

    Unfortunately some tried to change it to come save me so it has lost a lot of its meaning.

    Personally if see someone doing it I will stay on the gen.

    Same

  • It always meant killer nearby, but sometimes I do it to tell the others to come save me if they don't ever bloody try to even get close to me

  • Ok we need to agree what it actually means meanwhile for the benefit of solo survivors :-)

  • Short arm waving - "Killer is camping, proxy, do gens & gtfo!"

    Doing nothing - Killer is away, it is safe to save.

    Long stretching, almost filling the bar - "Save me you F%#$!s, can't you see he is chasing someone else?!"

  • @escape_plan said:

    Ok we need to agree what it actually means meanwhile for the benefit of solo survivors :-)

    I am a solo survivor I am telling you now that if I see someone waving their hands it means the killer is near. If I’m waving my hands the killer is near. I will leave you hanging if you’re waving your hands. Sorry I don’t carry bt, and I value my life more than feeding a lazy killer points and hook swapping. Let them waste their own time I have gens to do , you have gens to do.

  • @PureHostility said:

    Short arm waving - "Killer is camping, proxy, do gens & gtfo!"

    Doing nothing - Killer is away, it is safe to save.

    Long stretching, almost filling the bar - "Save me you F%#$!s, can't you see he is chasing someone else?!"

    This.

  • Take it as the Killer is nearby. If a survivor complains to why you didn't go for the save. Tell them to stop dancing on the hook.