My Hatch Standoff Solution

The last alive survivor must meet certain criteria.

When the criteria are met, the hatch opens and the survivor must find it.

When the criteria arent met, an animation will play and then the game will end.



The Animation Example:

-special killer mori animation

-special entity mori animation


Criteria Example:

-Doing x Geneartors

-Heal other survivors x times

-unhook x times

-have x emblem points

Comments

  • Hatch Camper shouldnt get the hatch.

    And survivors should do something to earn the hatch.

  • It isn't about "earning" the escape.. It is about the killer preventing them from escaping. Right now the killer can't really prevent the survivor from escaping out of the hatch unless they get lucky.

  • @TheBean said:

    It isn't about "earning" the escape.. It is about the killer preventing them from escaping. Right now the killer can't really prevent the survivor from escaping out of the hatch unless they get lucky.

    If your team is rly bad, but you did something.

    Then you should get the hatch.

    This is my opinion.

  • Depends on how you look at it I guess.. If 3 others died... and the hatch is actually up for the survivor to escape.. Then enough was done, doesn't matter who did it. It isn't about who is the better survivor, it is 4 survivors trying to survive. The other 3 didn't make it.

    But doesn't mean the killer should get a free kill. So the survivor does enough based on your criteria, but still has to find and escape out the hatch?... Where the killer will just get the free kill if they didn't do enough?.... Sorry doesn't add up for me.

    There is nothing saying that the final survivor, could get 2 gens done and escape out of the hatch, if the criteria wasn't met initially. So why do they get penalized for their teammates not doing enough? Maybe that final survivor was doing some saving all that time trying to keep the other 3 alive, but no gens got done. So they get rewarded for getting auto killed at the end?

  • I've been grabbed from the hatch many times for recklessly jumping in.

    I've baited swings then took the hatch.

    I've hid in a locker and ran for the hatch if the killer walked past me or checked the wrong locker.

    I've fought with other survivors for a hatch more than I've fought for the killer for a hatch because this game is full of selfish, grieving survivors with no confidence in themselves therefore no trust for others. Who will camp the hatch when they think you're gonna die, and run around you making audio cues to get you found or go look for the killer and run them over to you because they're mad you didn't die when they thought you would and they don't want to attempt even 1 gen left together.

    I've had survivors bait and fool me as a killer. Hatch standoffs are no biggy imo unless they last more than like 3 minutes. At that point I'll let the killer kill me or I'll let the survivor go because I'm not a SORE LOSER. And if a hatch standoff lasts for that long then you can report them for holding the game hostage....though you'd be doing the same thing for playing into it.