The Nurse - Rework

Hello fog travelers!


Nurse is a special killer, she's very strong in the right hands but leave the survivors with limited options during the chase. Therefore, my goal with this rework is to make the Nurse into a dynamic killer where you get the best of both worlds such as regular mind games and blink mind games!


SPENCER'S LAST BREATH:

-You'll start with 3 blinks available to you at the start of the trial.

-You'll receive a blink every 10 seconds up to a maximum of 3 blinks.

-Blinking close to a survivor will face you towards the closest survivor (auto aim).


POWER ADD-ONS:

-Add-ons will be reworked to do the following: Increase your lunge speed after blinking, decrease the blink cool down timer, lethal blinks will cause X status effect for X seconds, decreased fagutied time, increased blink speed, and the ability to remove the darkness during the fagutie duration. THERE WILL BE NO ADD-ONS TO INCREASE YOUR MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF BLINKS OR TO INCREASE THE BLINK RANGE SINCE THEY CAN BE TOO OVERWHELMING.


THE NURSE STATS:

Movement speed increased to 110% and lunge will be buffed to compensate for the power rework.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • Or just leave her as it is and rework additional blink add-ons. :P

  • @PigNRun said:

    Or just leave her as it is and rework additional blink add-ons. :P

    +1

    Also, make it so that people with more than 5000 hours in game are no longer allowed to play Nurse.

    🤞

  • @PigNRun said:

    Or just leave her as it is and rework additional blink add-ons. :P

    @PigNRun I promise that I'm not trying to destroy the Nurse's viability, I even play her on a daily basics and I absolutely love her! However, the reason why I'm changing her is because it upsets me that she doesn't interact with pallets as much as other killers, ya know? I just want her to be like the Spirit where you can ignore pallets if you're good with her power but if you fail the mind game, you might have to deal with a pallet.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/345432#Comment_345432

    @PigNRun I promise that I'm not trying to destroy the Nurse's viability, I even play her on a daily basics and I absolutely love her! However, the reason why I'm changing her is because it upsets me that she doesn't interact with pallets as much as other killers, ya know? I just want her to be like the Spirit where you can ignore pallets if you're good with her power but if you fail the mind game, you might have to deal with a pallet.

    Yeah Spirit is far too punishing,

  • The nurse is powerful because she counters looping. The nurse is probably the only balanced killer. I like what you are trying to do here but this balance could only work if the looping was reduced.

    The chain blink addons are what make her OP. But they are meant to counter the reduce blink addons.

  • I think you should leave the Nurse as she is. She's probably the only killer that actually puts the "horror" in this asymmetrical horror game, not to mention requiring the survivors to actually adapt.

  • IIRC they're already going to rework her.

    "The Nurse won't play the same" is what i remember I believe Matt commented.

    I believe the rework is because of consoles. Playing the nurse with a controller is about on par with sticking your head in Trapper's trap.

  • @Orion said:

    I think you should leave the Nurse as she is. She's probably the only killer that actually puts the "horror" in this asymmetrical horror game, not to mention requiring the survivors to actually adapt.

    She will be relatively the same after this change. You can still dominate a full survivor commando unit with ease after the change because you can still send chases extremely fast. I just wanted to make he like a Spirit where pallets can be a problem if you keep missing your ability.

  • I once dropped a pallet on a Nurse while she was blinking and it gave me pallet stun points, but she didn't actually get stunned. The game just acted like she blinked in front of the pallet and she used her second blink to go past the pallet and down me.

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    I once dropped a pallet on a Nurse while she was blinking and it gave me pallet stun points, but she didn't actually get stunned. The game just acted like she blinked in front of the pallet and she used her second blink to go past the pallet and down me.

    Don't bother using pallets against her, it's basically a free hit because you're stuck in an animation.

  • On the console, this would actually be a buff. I'm in favor of this idea.

  • Nurse is fine as she is. However some of her add-ons can be outright OP in the right hands, just like the Spirit. They should work on those.