Survivors can "FAKE" jumping into the escape hatch?!

Just when I thought I saw everything, a Bill player started jumping into the hatch and suddenly stopped when they heard me go for the grab which turned it into a basic strike allowing him to jump in freebie.

It's not like i struck at them the moment they stood over the hatch, I SAW the animation of them jumping in which suddenly stopped a second later as if they had timed down to the seconds the delay between connections to fake out a killer so as to bait them into a swing!

Isn't that exploiting or something?! I mean come on! It's GOTTA BE! There's no way this is a legit and allowed strat for the last survivor!


Seriously, this kind of BS is why killers pull facecamping...

Comments

  • There has been a bug going around where the ''grab'' doesn't register and instead gives you a basic attack but it's mostly been for Gens and windows.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There has been a bug going around where the ''grab'' doesn't register and instead gives you a basic attack but it's mostly been for Gens and windows.

    That's because there's timing involved for all grabs. You can't grab as soon as they start the animation, but part-way through.

    For the hatch, it's roughly when their feet hit the smoke, and as far as their neck still being visible. For windows coming to you, you have to wait until they're halfway through, and for windows going through, you have to be right up to them and initiate the attack when they're in the vaulting motion.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There has been a bug going around where the ''grab'' doesn't register and instead gives you a basic attack but it's mostly been for Gens and windows.

    This bug first appeared two patches ago and still hasn't been fixed.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There has been a bug going around where the ''grab'' doesn't register and instead gives you a basic attack but it's mostly been for Gens and windows.

    It also happens for Hooks. I've definitely had my share of the grab animation starting while they try to rescue someone and then half-way through just suddenly changing to a hit.

  • @HatCreature said:

    There has been a bug going around where the ''grab'' doesn't register and instead gives you a basic attack but it's mostly been for Gens and windows.

    I've never heard of that bug, but its like with unhooking probably where you can tap the button to begin doing it then let go right away and the killer will hit instead of grabbing. Great for dealing with campers.

  • Just when I thought I saw everything, a Bill player started jumping into the hatch and suddenly stopped when they heard me go for the grab which turned it into a basic strike allowing him to jump in freebie.

    Windows can make survivor die

    Seriously, i saw 1 survivor trying to jump the blood lodge window and he didn't jumped it, was glitched and he die... things like this is what pull survivors to use decisive strike.

  • Just when I thought I saw everything, a Bill player started jumping into the hatch and suddenly stopped when they heard me go for the grab which turned it into a basic strike allowing him to jump in freebie.

    Maybe they happened to have a lag spike at that exact moment? I don't think it can be anything else. The bug mentioned above shouldn't do anything since striking the jumping survivor doesnt interrupt the jump..