Slow killers should get normal movement speed outside of chase
Everyone who played this game enough and understood the parameters knows that a high tier killer is either fast at downing survivors (inbuilt anti loop, insta down ability) or fast at traveling around the map pressuring gens. Or both (billy, nurse)
Here comes the issue I have with slow movement killers: lack of map pressure.
I can absolutly see why huntress for example is slower, her M2 ability is strong.
But imo they should be faster to patrol gens, especially if you have some really big maps.
Keep in mind that this would be only outside of a chase, during a chase the movement speed would slow down to what we are currently used to. A mechanic like monitor and abuse.
Opinions?
Here comes the issue I have with slow movement killers: lack of map pressure.
I can absolutly see why huntress for example is slower, her M2 ability is strong.
But imo they should be faster to patrol gens, especially if you have some really big maps.
Keep in mind that this would be only outside of a chase, during a chase the movement speed would slow down to what we are currently used to. A mechanic like monitor and abuse.
Opinions?
Comments
Just stick with what works for you. They aren't designing killers specifically for players like you or your play style. If they did, all killers would be the same. What works for you might not work for another player and vice versa.
The problem is, it doesn't make sense. Why would you be faster out of a chase, but the minute you get into a chase with a survivor suddenly the 110 killers have smoker lungs?
It's a nice idea, however there are reasons why 110 movement killers are 110.
Exception being Legion, seriously that makes no sense.
People can't understand movement speed in this game.
There is no difference between trapper and huntress when it comes to pressuring gens. 115% ms and 110% ms has no meaning when it comes to map pressure.
Lets talk about a scenario.
There is a gen and 88 meters away from that gen, there is another one.
In order to reach that generator, Huntress has 4.4 m/s and has to move 20 seconds (88 meters)
In order to reach that generator, Trapper has 4.6 m/s and has to move 19 seconds (87.4 meters)
If it doesn't make that much difference, why, when it comes to looping, is huntress so much slower than the trapper?
Because of their relative speed to survivors.
Survivors run with 100% ms.
In that scenario, huntress is 1/3 slower than the trapper. There is 15% ms difference between trapper and the survivors. There is 10% ms difference between huntress and the survivors.
The map pressure difference between slow killers and fast killers is negligible.
Yet they get heart attacks for hitting the same person twice using their power.
It would make more sense for them to have 115 movement because they're edgy teens and give them a whole new power to compensate. Of course I gave my own idea but I admit what I had to offer is complicated to implement.
Still, what I'm saying is, why move faster when you are not chasing someone, but then slow down when you find someone? I guess there could be a reason lore wise why a killer would slow down but still.
They should just do what PACMAN does and put portals on each side of the map that players can use to get to the otherside fast.
How about a perk that let's you put up Ziplines so everyone can move faster through the map ... no wait, that's Apex.
OK
How about a perk that let's you throw a smoke grenade to evade your hunter .... no wait, that's Apex again.
I SWEAR TO GOD YOU INSULT LEGION I WILL GO HAM
Calm yourself, friend.

Nope. No reason for it. Killers have slower MS for a balance factor, since they make up for it by having a really good power. Lack of patrolling ability is part of this.
Most movies killers display this trait, cutting people off but taking time when face to face.
I mean we can go the realistic logic route if we want, but if so, why doesn't a killer just bust pallets before hunting. As long as a feature is introduced and implemented well, it doesn't need to be perfectly logical.
Legion is not to be insulted in this good christian forum page (this page is not christian I kno)
Then every slow killer turns into a moonwalking Legion to avoid a chase, no thanks.
Slow killers aren't even slow. They all have something to get around faster. Huntress is the only legit slow killer. Plus all the slow killers (except maybe Legion) are top tier, so why make them better?
Well nurse could work with 103% speed too.
They wouldn't be getting any bloodlust though, and plus if the survivor is healthy then they can escape easily. I can see the concerns (Please note I am of the bunch who disagree with this kind of change), however I doubt the slower killers would moonwalk in this case, a few players would, sure, but not the majority.
I wouldn't say top tier, but they certainly are better off, and Legion is just used badly.