7 Things to accept as a solo Survivor
This is not to say they will never change, but I've come to accept and encourage others to do so as well until a point in time when the devs make changes
1. Some Killers have an instant down built into their base kit therefore all forms of an instant down are fair game whatever their source
2. Dying on my first hook is always a possibility whether I'm the first Survivor down or the last, it happens and only my best effort can change when or if it happens
3. A mori is one of the most entertaining methods of killing a Survivor and fully expect a killer to use said Mori when available
4. As a solo all five totems are my responsibility and failure to destroy them is on me. While assistance is welcome I do not expect it and to do so is a Gamble.
5. There is zero notion of fair play between the Killer and myself. I am their target and higher priority while injured or previously hooked.
6. There is no such thing as a free hit, it is the killer doing everything they can to hit me and me doing everything I can to avoid them, at best it is situational Advantage which can go either way and the main basis of how powers and perks work.
7. Tracking perks exist and I must factor that in to my play style until I can be assured otherwise. Ignoring a preventative window is far more detrimental to my success than the few seconds away from a generator or healing
1. Some Killers have an instant down built into their base kit therefore all forms of an instant down are fair game whatever their source
2. Dying on my first hook is always a possibility whether I'm the first Survivor down or the last, it happens and only my best effort can change when or if it happens
3. A mori is one of the most entertaining methods of killing a Survivor and fully expect a killer to use said Mori when available
4. As a solo all five totems are my responsibility and failure to destroy them is on me. While assistance is welcome I do not expect it and to do so is a Gamble.
5. There is zero notion of fair play between the Killer and myself. I am their target and higher priority while injured or previously hooked.
6. There is no such thing as a free hit, it is the killer doing everything they can to hit me and me doing everything I can to avoid them, at best it is situational Advantage which can go either way and the main basis of how powers and perks work.
7. Tracking perks exist and I must factor that in to my play style until I can be assured otherwise. Ignoring a preventative window is far more detrimental to my success than the few seconds away from a generator or healing
Comments
8) accept that playing killer is easier and less stressful
You left off, "...and far more rewarding in the bp department."
You also forgot solo is boring compared to killer or SWF. Downright boring.
Fair enough, I do enjoy killer but I just can't stand playing survive with friends.
I keep seeing this meme but I only ever get stressed as a solo survivor if I bring in an item or a double bp offering. If I do not bring anything into the match there is no stress at all.
Killers bring in expensive add ons and offerings almost every match and that always raises the stakes. It also justifies the BP earned for playing the role.