Campers
Honestly the game is becoming such trash with all the campers in this game, there should be a thing that the entity pushes the killer away from the survivor if the killer is too close to them when hooked unless the killer is chasing another survivor in that area. Every lobby I've been in today (8 in a row) has been killers who camp no one plays the game right anymore 🙄
Comments
Unhook invulnreabiliy, faster unhook animation, camping emblem penalty, borrowed time, exhaustion reset after unhook
Thats not enough? Then I dont know what to say
You are not entitled to an unhook. Camping has counters, use them. And no, you wouldn't see the penalty because you can't see emblems from other people, IIRC.
It depends as what situation you're in, camping is a viable but not fun strategy. It also depends what platform you play on. Killers during the end game tend to camp more, as there is no reason for them to leave the hook, there's nothing for them to focus on other than the kill. Also killers on console tend to have a more difficult time because of the low FPS and low sensitivity of their controller, so they might camp more often. Lower ranks you'll see more campers as well because they don't know any other viable strategy.
And yes, I do play killer and survivor equally. (Most of my hours are played on survivor) How ever I play killer to get a better understanding of the game, when I get camped or tunneled as survivor I can usually figure out why the killer is doing so. Because I myself have been in those situations of having to camp or tunnel. While I don't enjoy doing it, if it can help me in the long run Ill do it.
There are many explanations, but until you accept that the killer doesn't have to bow to the survivors' will, you will never recognize it.
Survivors are supposed to be the weak role. If you're not picking the survivor role to face almost insurmountable odds against an unstoppable killing machine that makes you earn everything you try to do, then why'd you pick survivor?
During the unhook animation adn shortly afterwards you are invulnrabily to anything.
You ahve never seen the penalty? Well guess you only play survivor^^
Cant get away with sprint burst? Then I dont know what to say
They are supposed to be the weak role, but how is someone supposed to know that doesnt check lore?
Because thar rarely work, it's just like a 0,5 protection
Yeah camping sucks, so does being singled out because of the killer wants to eliminate everybody one person at a time. It feels really oppressive like you're being hunted down singled out and killed. I commend you for playing into the survivors preferred method but that's all you're doing playing to their their preference. Killers want to kill somebody off and that's what they're supposed to be doing. You had the chance to beat the Killer and Escape but they outplayed you. After that it's up to the team to beat the Killer and provide you with an additional chance it's not a handout.
Footage, i dare to say taht this is impossible now
Camping is a boring strategy but a strategy none the less. If you’re doing swf have them rush gens it is boring being the one on the hook but oh well you have next game. If you’re solo then get kindred maybe your team will take the hint.
Unhook invulnerability last 0.5 seconds don’t move for that time and hope the killer doesn’t also wait.
Common... sense..?
You would think so, but not in this community^^
Master makes a good point with the amount survivors get: "Unhook invulnerability, faster unhook animation, camping emblem penalty, borrowed time, exhaustion reset after unhook" But while this is true you still get camped often and killers just chase you until you go down again. With the borrowed time nerf (it was a needed) quiet often you will just trade with the survivor on the hook. But trying to say that it can be countered by everyone has to run this specific perk to counter it is not a fix, it proves there is an issue. New DS changes make a good counter for a camp but you shouldn't have to always have a specific perk to live; this goes for killers too, they shouldn't need to take ruin every game.
Arroz makes some survivor based points that i don't feel should be dismissed because that is what it looks like from that side. I experience it on both sides and I honestly favour survivor because killer is just too stressful some days and with the ranking system being all over the show I often meet survivors who are way better than me.
I think a cool dynamic would be a mechanic called "Pressure' or something similar which could work on keeping survivors off gens and hiding and such. This can slow the survivors while they are in game and might make ruin not as needed. I am not sure on balancing or anything it is just an idea to give killers a reason not to camp based on someones point of view.
What it come down to is the killer isn't strong enough to not have to camp some times (Leatherface is #########) and survivors are being debuffed so that it makes it harder to punish camping. I actually think your hook timer should go slower or stop in the terror radius because I being stuck on the hook for my entire game and I hate having to camp when I play killer. Sometimes a camp is needed to get the advantage and sometimes someone is an ######### and needs to die even at the cost of the game. But camping is an abused dynamic and it can easily ruin the fun of survivor games, and killer is just loop and lobby simulator for me so I have almost given up that.
To sum up this entire convo, camping stems from under powered killers and it can't be taken away until the survivors loose some potential to waste all of a killers time. To get rid or camping the killer needs to be in control and they just aren't. Camping isn't the issue, it's caused by the issue.
I will read any comment I am tagged it and would love to discuss or develop any ideas.
Thanks for reading my rabble.