After playing the game tonight with the new DS changes in mind...
I have realized that if someone is unhooked around the time the last gen is powered or after that, they are almost 100% guarenteed a free escape with no counter play.
I mean yeah we've all assumed this but playing the game with these changes in mind and seeing these situations first hand, it really sinks in just how bad this will be.
They can easily crawl to an exit gate in 60 seconds. The killers only hope will be to eat the stun and pray they can catch up to them in time. Enduring will become even more of a must have perk than before and this is assuming the stun staus at 3 seconds but people are already asking for it tk be increased.
I know there is new endgame content planned and I really hope this takes this into account. Deliverance and DS will be an insane combo.
There needs to be an endgame solution for DS.
I mean yeah we've all assumed this but playing the game with these changes in mind and seeing these situations first hand, it really sinks in just how bad this will be.
They can easily crawl to an exit gate in 60 seconds. The killers only hope will be to eat the stun and pray they can catch up to them in time. Enduring will become even more of a must have perk than before and this is assuming the stun staus at 3 seconds but people are already asking for it tk be increased.
I know there is new endgame content planned and I really hope this takes this into account. Deliverance and DS will be an insane combo.
There needs to be an endgame solution for DS.
Comments
Wait is the PTB out already?
I was playing the game both as survivor and killer. Saw unhooks after the last gen popped. Exit gates were open.
I realized if these people had the new DS there is literally no stopping them from escaping. Whereas right now there is.
Try it yourself.
Many people who dont use it have said they intend to use it when the changes come in.
What do you do? Slug and assume they have it? Or pick then up and risk the stun?
I'd bet money this perk becomes even more widely used after the changes.
Eating the stuns won't be bad at all if they don't change how Enduring interacts with ds. The timer nerf means all ds will be like the current tier 1 ds.
Enduring+Clown bottle with the new ds will be hilarious it'll be like nothing happened.
I perdonally believe the stun time will probably be increased.
Who unhooks while injured? Nobody. You gotta hope the unhooker can't make it to the exit gates before you can hit them twice.
Then there is the kobe/Deliverance.
The timer should decrease once exit gates are powered. 60 is far too much at that point.
Enduring BBQ Whispers and Ruin are must run perks imo... There is no wanting with how important they are.
They're all too vital to be replaced.
You need enduring to eat pallets and ds facing good players. You need BBQ to literally cut this games grind in half. You need whispers for end game hatch stand offs so your game isn't held hostage and you need ruin to slow the games down just a lil bit.
If you're not running that exact build on most killers you're hurting yourself.
I mean that's still possible even now. It's just that now the perk has certain restrictions and counters. This is such a good change to DS I can't even.
After the update all 4 survivors can use it immediately.
@Bbbrian2013 The problem is unlocking it. I have all killers at level 50, have hundreds of hours on the game but still don't have Enduring unlocked on some killers.
Also there are a few I would prefer not to take it on. Nurse, Spirit and Hag come to mind.
We're talking 2/3.
And in my game, they pulled themself off the hook.
Of course this is just a personal gut feeling. There's nothing concrete about it. Don't want to confuse anyone.