Question About New DS
So I heard from the streamer Puppers that he heard/saw @not_Queen talking about the DS change in another stream and she said that DS would NOT have a timer. The post on these forums show that survivors will have a timer so I'm just wondering which one will be the final one. I'd personally prefer if it didn't have a timer but everything else about the change is kept, but I just need to know which change is the correct one. I know this change will most likely go through tweaking in the future and after the PTB is finished but it'd still be nice to have no confusion.
Comments
I think that the perk will have the timer as announced, and I also feel that the information you heard is perhaps incorrect.
If they remove the timer, the perk would be way too powerful, and even stronger than it is now. The new version is already more effective in the sense that it is unavoidable if the killer picks the survivor up, and with no timer, killers would not be able to safely pick up previously hooked survivors for the rest of the match if they have DS.
This question has been effectively answered by Horvath earlier today on the DBD Discord Q & A - summary of which is linked below. There will be a timer.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes#latest
For the love of god no more than 60 seconds please. It's already powerful at 60. I would have said 40-50 myself but eh whatever I guess it's like the opposite version of Make Your Choice.
Anymore than that and it easily becomes exploitable. 60 seconds alone is almost a full gens worth of immunity for a survivor.
I say this as someone who will be taking the perk because I absolutely hate tunneling too. Normally if you're tunneled it's before you even have a chance to heal, so within the first 30 seconds of an unhook. 60 seconds is more than enough time to get to safety and be fully healed, you could even self-care with the mangled effect in that amount of time.