Why not make TOTH a default mechanism? I don't see the problem.
We all know totem placement is a joke. Why have another perk just to work around a really bad design? Hex totems are powerful indeed but can be completely destroyed within seconds in current state and the killer loses a whole perk slot for the rest of the game. Why not have the notification, cleansing speed penalty of TOTH be a default mechanism, at least for the hex totems?
Comments
I think they are reworking it to at least no longer be a Hex perk, so it's simply a Hex supporting perk. So we at least get that.
Thats just my personal opinion though.
I still think it's a waste of a perk slot. I don't use TOTH since 2016.
They are indeed :'(
I think they can put the ding sound for the Hex totem without negative repercutions, it's a good idea. As for making the reduced cleansing speed a default mechanic it may be a little op at full, but i think it can be introduced with a lesser value and will be balanced.
@Irisora Yup, that is what I'm asking for as well. Hex totems should take some x seconds more to cleanse compared to a dull totem or atleast have some difficult skill checks while doing so. For such a powerful thing to be cleared by merely pressing m1 is just laughable IMO.
I agree it can get little annoying if you are running multiple hex perks. Point is, there should be some added difficulty for cleansing a hex perk without the use of another perk. Clearing a perk slot of the killer by pressing m1 for a few seconds is pretty ridiculous don't you think?
Because that would be a killer buff and survivors have a problem with that
They are reworking totems atm, so hopefully we see sth in 2019
TOTH not being a totem would actually be pretty significant, no more guessing which totem is Ruin and which totem is Thrill.
I love when people run thrill without ruin. Just by cleansing a dull totem, it alerts me to thrill, and I know they have a powerful hex perk hidden besides thrill, maybe devour or NOED
rather them double the time it takes to cleanse by default. They don't have skillchecks.
Its should be standard. I always wondered why it isnt